Southern California @ Arizona
Current Records: Southern California 19-3; Arizona 18-2
What to Know
The #19 Southern California Trojans and the #7 Arizona Wildcats are set to square off in a Pac-12 matchup at 5 p.m. ET Feb. 5 at McKale Memorial Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Trojans winning the first 87-73 on the road and Arizona taking the second 81-72.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, USC beat the Arizona State Sun Devils 58-53 on Thursday. Among those leading the charge for USC was guard Boogie Ellis, who had 21 points along with six rebounds.
Meanwhile, Arizona netted a 76-66 win over the UCLA Bruins on Thursday. Arizona got double-digit scores from five players: guard Kerr Kriisa (16), forward Azuolas Tubelis (14), guard Pelle Larsson (12), guard Bennedict Mathurin (11), and guard Dalen Terry (10). Terry hadn’t helped his team much against the Sun Devils on Saturday, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
The Trojans are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Now might not be the best time to take USC against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
The wins brought USC up to 19-3 and the Wildcats to 18-2. A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: USC have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.50%, which places them ninth in college basketball. But Arizona is even better: they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 36.90%, which places them second in college basketball. We’ll see if that edge gives Arizona a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: McKale Memorial Center — Tucson, Arizona
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $30.00
The Wildcats are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Trojans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wildcats as an 11-point favorite.
Arizona have won seven out of their last 12 games against Southern California.
- Feb 20, 2021 – Arizona 81 vs. Southern California 72
- Jan 07, 2021 – Southern California 87 vs. Arizona 73
- Feb 27, 2020 – Southern California 57 vs. Arizona 48
- Feb 06, 2020 – Arizona 85 vs. Southern California 80
- Mar 13, 2019 – Southern California 78 vs. Arizona 65
- Jan 24, 2019 – Southern California 80 vs. Arizona 57
- Mar 10, 2018 – Arizona 75 vs. Southern California 61
- Feb 10, 2018 – Arizona 81 vs. Southern California 67
- Feb 23, 2017 – Arizona 90 vs. Southern California 77
- Jan 19, 2017 – Arizona 73 vs. Southern California 66
- Feb 14, 2016 – Arizona 86 vs. Southern California 78
- Jan 09, 2016 – Southern California 103 vs. Arizona 101
Injury Report for Arizona
- Kim Aiken Jr.: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Southern California
No Injury Information