Mississippi State @ Arkansas
Current Records: Mississippi State 14-7; Arkansas 17-5
What to Know
The Arkansas Razorbacks are 2-7 against the Mississippi State Bulldogs since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit this past Saturday. Arkansas and MSU will face off in an SEC battle at 8:30 p.m. ET at Bud Walton Arena. The Razorbacks are out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
Everything went Arkansas’ way against the Georgia Bulldogs this past Wednesday as they made off with a 99-73 win. Arkansas’ guard Stanley Umude was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 6-for-8 from beyond the arc and finishing with 31 points.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between MSU and the South Carolina Gamecocks last Tuesday was still a pretty decisive one as MSU wrapped it up with a 78-64 victory at home. Four players on MSU scored in the double digits: guard Iverson Molinar (20), forward Garrison Brooks (18), guard Rocket Watts (11), and forward D.J. Jeffries (10). Molinar hadn’t helped his team much against the Texas Tech Red Raiders two weeks ago, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
The Razorbacks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
The wins brought Arkansas up to 17-5 and MSU to 14-7. A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: Arkansas comes into the matchup boasting the 25th most points per game in college basketball at 79.3. MSU has displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they enter the game with a 47.60% field goal percentage, good for 30th best in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Bud Walton Arena — Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TV: SEC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.00
The Razorbacks are a solid 6-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Razorbacks as a 5-point favorite.
Mississippi State have won seven out of their last nine games against Arkansas.
- Dec 29, 2021 – Mississippi State 81 vs. Arkansas 68
- Feb 02, 2021 – Arkansas 61 vs. Mississippi State 45
- Feb 15, 2020 – Mississippi State 78 vs. Arkansas 77
- Jan 22, 2020 – Mississippi State 77 vs. Arkansas 70
- Feb 16, 2019 – Mississippi State 77 vs. Arkansas 67
- Jan 02, 2018 – Mississippi State 78 vs. Arkansas 75
- Jan 10, 2017 – Mississippi State 84 vs. Arkansas 78
- Feb 09, 2016 – Mississippi State 78 vs. Arkansas 46
- Jan 09, 2016 – Arkansas 82 vs. Mississippi State 68
Injury Report for Arkansas
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Mississippi State
- KeShawn Murphy: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)