Loyola Marymount @ Saint Mary’s
Current Records: Loyola Marymount 9-11; Saint Mary’s 18-4
What to Know
The Loyola Marymount Lions are 0-13 against the Saint Mary’s Gaels since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit this past Saturday. Loyola Marymount and Saint Mary’s will face off in a West Coast battle at 10 p.m. ET at University Credit Union Pavilion. The Gaels will be strutting in after a win while the Lions will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Loyola Marymount received a tough blow this past Thursday as they fell 79-60 to the Santa Clara Broncos. Guard Joe Quintana (14 points), forward Keli Leaupepe (14 points), and guard Eli Scott (13 points) were the top scorers for Loyola Marymount.
Meanwhile, everything went Saint Mary’s’ way against the Portland Pilots this past Thursday as they made off with a 75-54 victory. Saint Mary’s’ guard Logan Johnson filled up the stat sheet, picking up 17 points. This also makes it three games in a row in which Johnson has had at least three steals.
The Lions have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 16.50 point spread they are up against. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past five games, so buyers beware.
Loyola Marymount is now 9-11 while Saint Mary’s sits at 18-4. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Loyola Marymount has allowed their opponents to shoot 46.30% from the floor on average, which is the 21st highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. The Gaels’ defense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the sixth fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 58.3. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: University Credit Union Pavilion — Moraga, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Gaels are a big 16.5-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 16.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Saint Mary’s have won all of the games they’ve played against Loyola Marymount in the last eight years.
- Jan 22, 2022 – Saint Mary’s 83 vs. Loyola Marymount 51
- Mar 06, 2021 – Saint Mary’s 52 vs. Loyola Marymount 47
- Jan 21, 2021 – Saint Mary’s 65 vs. Loyola Marymount 61
- Feb 20, 2020 – Saint Mary’s 57 vs. Loyola Marymount 51
- Jan 25, 2020 – Saint Mary’s 73 vs. Loyola Marymount 62
- Jan 12, 2019 – Saint Mary’s 71 vs. Loyola Marymount 60
- Feb 08, 2018 – Saint Mary’s 83 vs. Loyola Marymount 62
- Dec 28, 2017 – Saint Mary’s 87 vs. Loyola Marymount 59
- Feb 16, 2017 – Saint Mary’s 81 vs. Loyola Marymount 48
- Dec 29, 2016 – Saint Mary’s 72 vs. Loyola Marymount 60
- Mar 05, 2016 – Saint Mary’s 60 vs. Loyola Marymount 48
- Feb 13, 2016 – Saint Mary’s 68 vs. Loyola Marymount 62
- Jan 07, 2016 – Saint Mary’s 73 vs. Loyola Marymount 48
Injury Report for Saint Mary’s
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Loyola Marymount
- Dameane Douglas: Out for the Season (Ankle)