Through 2 Quarters
The Milwaukee Bucks were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. They are way out in front at halftime with a 70-54 lead over the Portland Trail Blazers.
Center Bobby Portis has led the way so far for Milwaukee, as he has 17 points and three assists along with three boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Pat Connaughton’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
The Trail Blazers haven’t been much of a second-half team this year, losing 84% of the time when they were down at the break.
Milwaukee @ Portland
Current Records: Milwaukee 32-21; Portland 21-32
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers are 2-10 against the Milwaukee Bucks since December of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit this past Saturday. Rip City is getting right back to it as they host Milwaukee at 10 p.m. ET Feb. 5 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Bucks will be strutting in after a victory while the Trail Blazers will be stumbling in from a loss.
It was a hard-fought contest, but Rip City had to settle for a 96-93 defeat against the Oklahoma City Thunder this past Friday. The top scorers for Rip City were shooting guard CJ McCollum (19 points) and shooting guard Anfernee Simons (19 points).
Meanwhile, Milwaukee didn’t have too much trouble with the Washington Wizards at home last week as they won 112-98. Power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, posting a triple-double on 33 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 assists. Antetokounmpo now has four triple-doubles this year.
Rip City have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 10.50 point spread they are up against. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past four games.
Portland’s loss took them down to 21-32 while Milwaukee’s win pulled them up to 32-21. We’ll see if Rip City can steal the Bucks’ luck or if Milwaukee records another win instead.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter — Portland, Oregon
- TV: Bally Sports Wisconsin
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Bucks are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bucks, as the game opened with the Bucks as an 8.5-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won ten out of their last 12 games against Portland.
- Apr 02, 2021 – Milwaukee 127 vs. Portland 109
- Feb 01, 2021 – Milwaukee 134 vs. Portland 106
- Jan 11, 2020 – Milwaukee 122 vs. Portland 101
- Nov 21, 2019 – Milwaukee 137 vs. Portland 129
- Nov 21, 2018 – Milwaukee 143 vs. Portland 100
- Nov 06, 2018 – Portland 118 vs. Milwaukee 103
- Nov 30, 2017 – Milwaukee 103 vs. Portland 91
- Oct 21, 2017 – Milwaukee 113 vs. Portland 110
- Mar 21, 2017 – Milwaukee 93 vs. Portland 90
- Dec 07, 2016 – Milwaukee 115 vs. Portland 107
- Feb 02, 2016 – Portland 107 vs. Milwaukee 95
- Dec 07, 2015 – Milwaukee 90 vs. Portland 88
Injury Report for Portland
- Eric Bledsoe: Out (Achilles)
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Keon Johnson: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
- Cody Zeller: Out (Knee)
- Nassir Little: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- George Hill: Out (Neck)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)