Day 3 of the Winter Olympics sees the USA go against Switzerland and Great Britain in doubles curling.
Two days into the Beijing Olympics, the nations to watch have begun to distinguish themselves as medals begin to be handed out and tallied up: As of Saturday night, Norway currently leads the way with two gold medals, followed by Slovenia with a gold and a bronze and Italy with two silvers.
The United States has yet to win a medal, but will have some opportunities in mixed doubles curling competition. The U.S. will first go against the Switzerland round robin in curling at 7 a.m., and then play again by taking on Great Britain at 8 p.m.
Day 3 will also see the finals in Men’s speeding skating and ski jumping, as well as Women’s moguls skiing.
Day 3: Feb. 6
(All Times Eastern)
- Men’s speed skating 5,000m final – 3:30 a.m.
- Men’s ski jumping, normal hill final – 5 a.m.
- Women’s moguls skiing medal final – 6:30 a.m.
- Mixed doubles curling, USA vs. Switzerland round robin – 7 a.m.
- Women’s hockey prelims, USA vs. Switzerland – 8 a.m.
- Mixed doubles curling, USA vs. Great Britain – 8 p.m.
- Women’s skiing, giant slalom run 1 – 9 p.m.
- Women’s hockey, Canada vs. Russian Olympic Committee – 11 p.m.