North Alabama @ Florida Gulf Coast
Current Records: North Alabama 9-14; Florida Gulf Coast 15-9
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the North Alabama Lions will be on the road. North Alabama and the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles will face off in an Atlantic Sun battle at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at Alico Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with Florida Gulf Coast winning the first 69-60 at home and the Lions taking the second 96-81.
The game between North Alabama and the North Florida Ospreys this past Saturday was not particularly close, with North Alabama falling 71-58.
Meanwhile, Florida Gulf Coast beat the Lipscomb Bisons 77-68 this past Saturday.
North Alabama is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. Now might not be the best time to take North Alabama against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
North Alabama didn’t have too much trouble with Florida Gulf Coast when the two teams previously met in March of last year as they won 96-81. North Alabama’s victory shoved the Eagles out of the playoffs, so they have a target on their back.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Alico Arena — Fort Myers, Florida
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Eagles are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
North Alabama have won four out of their last seven games against Florida Gulf Coast.
- Mar 05, 2021 – North Alabama 96 vs. Florida Gulf Coast 81
- Feb 06, 2021 – Florida Gulf Coast 69 vs. North Alabama 60
- Feb 05, 2021 – Florida Gulf Coast 86 vs. North Alabama 60
- Feb 29, 2020 – North Alabama 78 vs. Florida Gulf Coast 73
- Jan 18, 2020 – North Alabama 70 vs. Florida Gulf Coast 65
- Feb 06, 2019 – Florida Gulf Coast 71 vs. North Alabama 64
- Jan 08, 2019 – North Alabama 61 vs. Florida Gulf Coast 56