Through 3 Quarters
The Atlanta Hawks were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Indiana Pacers as the Hawks lead 106-75.
Atlanta has been led by point guard Trae Young, who so far has shot 6-for-9 from downtown and has posted a double-double on 34 points and 11 assists. This is the third consecutive matchup in which Young has had at least 11 assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is John Collins’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Indiana has been relying on shooting guard Lance Stephenson, who has 16 points and six assists along with eight boards, and shooting guard Chris Duarte, who has 20 points.
This is tied with the most points the Hawks have had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Indiana @ Atlanta
Current Records: Indiana 19-36; Atlanta 25-28
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers will square off against the Atlanta Hawks at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at State Farm Arena. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
Indiana received a tough blow on Sunday as they fell 98-85 to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Pacers were up 27-12 at the end of the first quarter but couldn’t hold on to the lead. One thing holding Indiana back was the mediocre play of small forward Justin Holiday, who did not have his best game: he finished with ten points on 4-for-10 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Atlanta came up short against the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday, falling 103-94. The losing side was boosted by power forward John Collins, who dropped a double-double on 22 points and 18 boards.
Indiana is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 14-7 against the spread when expected to lose.
The losses put Indiana at 19-36 and the Hawks at 25-28. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Pacers are stumbling into the contest with the fourth most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 20.5 on average. To make matters even worse for Indiana, Atlanta enters the matchup with 20.2 fouls drawn per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in Atlanta’s favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.72
The Hawks are a big 13-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Hawks as a 9.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Indiana have won 15 out of their last 22 games against Atlanta.
- Dec 01, 2021 – Atlanta 114 vs. Indiana 111
- May 06, 2021 – Indiana 133 vs. Atlanta 126
- Apr 18, 2021 – Atlanta 129 vs. Indiana 117
- Feb 13, 2021 – Indiana 125 vs. Atlanta 113
- Jan 04, 2020 – Atlanta 116 vs. Indiana 111
- Dec 13, 2019 – Indiana 110 vs. Atlanta 100
- Nov 29, 2019 – Indiana 105 vs. Atlanta 104
- Apr 10, 2019 – Indiana 135 vs. Atlanta 134
- Dec 31, 2018 – Indiana 116 vs. Atlanta 108
- Dec 26, 2018 – Indiana 129 vs. Atlanta 121
- Nov 17, 2018 – Indiana 97 vs. Atlanta 89
- Mar 09, 2018 – Indiana 112 vs. Atlanta 87
- Feb 28, 2018 – Atlanta 107 vs. Indiana 102
- Feb 23, 2018 – Indiana 116 vs. Atlanta 93
- Dec 20, 2017 – Indiana 105 vs. Atlanta 95
- Apr 12, 2017 – Indiana 104 vs. Atlanta 86
- Mar 05, 2017 – Indiana 97 vs. Atlanta 96
- Nov 23, 2016 – Atlanta 96 vs. Indiana 85
- Mar 13, 2016 – Atlanta 104 vs. Indiana 75
- Feb 05, 2016 – Atlanta 102 vs. Indiana 96
- Jan 28, 2016 – Indiana 111 vs. Atlanta 92
- Dec 28, 2015 – Indiana 93 vs. Atlanta 87
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Lou Williams: Out (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Justin Holiday: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Jeremy Lamb: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Caris LeVert: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Domantas Sabonis: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Achilles)
- Reggie Perry: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Ankle)
- Myles Turner: Out (Foot)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)