How to watch Nuggets vs. Knicks basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
New York @ Denver
Current Records: New York 24-30; Denver 29-24
What to Know
The New York Knicks are 1-12 against the Denver Nuggets since February of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Tuesday. New York might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against Denver at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 8 at Ball Arena. The Nuggets will be strutting in after a win while New York will be stumbling in from a defeat.
New York came up short against the Utah Jazz on Monday, falling 113-104. Point guard Alec Burks had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 31 minutes but putting up just five points on 2-for-10 shooting.
Meanwhile, Denver’s contest against the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday was close at halftime, but Denver turned on the heat in the second half with 48 points. Denver blew past Brooklyn 124-104. Center Nikola Jokic continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, posting a triple-double on 27 points, 12 rebounds, and ten dimes. That makes it three consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least 12 rebounds.
New York is expected to lose this next one by 9. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
New York is now 24-30 while the Nuggets sit at 29-24. A pair of offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Knicks have only been able to knock down 43.50% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. Denver’s offense has more to brag about, as they they enter the game with a 47.20% field goal percentage, good for third best in the league. We’ll see if their 3.70% advantage translates to a win.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Nuggets are a big 9-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Nuggets, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 6.5-point favorite.
Denver have won 12 out of their last 13 games against New York.
- Dec 04, 2021 – Denver 113 vs. New York 99
- May 05, 2021 – Denver 113 vs. New York 97
- Jan 10, 2021 – Denver 114 vs. New York 89
- Dec 15, 2019 – Denver 111 vs. New York 105
- Dec 05, 2019 – Denver 129 vs. New York 92
- Mar 22, 2019 – Denver 111 vs. New York 93
- Jan 01, 2019 – Denver 115 vs. New York 108
- Jan 25, 2018 – Denver 130 vs. New York 118
- Oct 30, 2017 – New York 116 vs. Denver 110
- Feb 10, 2017 – Denver 131 vs. New York 123
- Dec 17, 2016 – Denver 127 vs. New York 114
- Mar 08, 2016 – Denver 110 vs. New York 94
- Feb 07, 2016 – Denver 101 vs. New York 96
Injury Report for Denver
- Austin Rivers: Out (Hip)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Foot)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for New York
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Knee)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Back)
- Quentin Grimes: Out (Knee)
- Luka Samanic: Game-Time Decision (Heel)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)