Indiana @ Northwestern
Current Records: Indiana 16-6; Northwestern 11-10
What to Know
The Indiana Hoosiers and the Northwestern Wildcats will face off in a Big Ten clash at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 8 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with Northwestern winning the first 74-67 on the road and the Hoosiers taking the second 79-76.
The contest between IU and the Illinois Fighting Illini this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with IU falling 74-57 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Forward Race Thompson (13 points) and guard Xavier Johnson (12 points) were the top scorers for IU.
Meanwhile, Northwestern made easy work of the Nebraska Cornhuskers this past Saturday and carried off an 87-63 victory. The Wildcats can attribute much of their success to guard Boo Buie, who shot 6-for-11 from downtown and finished with 27 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Hoosiers are expected to win a tight contest on Tuesday. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (12-6), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Northwestern’s win lifted them to 11-10 while Indiana’s loss dropped them down to 16-6. We’ll see if Northwestern can repeat their recent success or if IU bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Welsh-Ryan Arena — Evanston, Illinois
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $45.00
The Hoosiers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Wildcats as a 1-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Indiana have won six out of their last nine games against Northwestern.
- Feb 10, 2021 – Indiana 79 vs. Northwestern 76
- Dec 23, 2020 – Northwestern 74 vs. Indiana 67
- Jan 08, 2020 – Indiana 66 vs. Northwestern 62
- Jan 22, 2019 – Northwestern 73 vs. Indiana 66
- Dec 01, 2018 – Indiana 68 vs. Northwestern 66
- Jan 14, 2018 – Indiana 66 vs. Northwestern 46
- Feb 25, 2017 – Indiana 63 vs. Northwestern 62
- Jan 29, 2017 – Northwestern 68 vs. Indiana 55
- Jan 23, 2016 – Indiana 89 vs. Northwestern 57
Injury Report for Northwestern
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Indiana
- Rob Phinisee: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)