East Carolina @ Tulsa
Current Records: East Carolina 11-11; Tulsa 7-14
What to Know
The East Carolina Pirates are 1-10 against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Tuesday. The Pirates are on the road again on Tuesday and play against Tulsa at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 8 at Donald Reynolds Center.
East Carolina found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 86-66 punch to the gut against the Tulane Green Wave this past Saturday. Forward Vance Jackson did his best for East Carolina, finishing with 27 points (a whopping 41% of their total) along with eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Tulsa came up short against the Temple Owls this past Saturday, falling 67-58. Guard Sam Griffin wasn’t much of a difference maker for Tulsa; Griffin played for 33 minutes with 3-for-15 shooting.
The Pirates are expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Now might not be the best time to take East Carolina against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Both of these teams will be looking to put their recent losses behind them and walk away with a victory. We’ll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Donald Reynolds Center — Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.00
The Golden Hurricane are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Golden Hurricane as a 5.5-point favorite.
Tulsa have won ten out of their last 11 games against East Carolina.
- Jan 30, 2021 – Tulsa 77 vs. East Carolina 68
- Feb 12, 2020 – Tulsa 70 vs. East Carolina 56
- Jan 15, 2020 – Tulsa 65 vs. East Carolina 49
- Mar 03, 2019 – Tulsa 91 vs. East Carolina 78
- Feb 17, 2019 – Tulsa 77 vs. East Carolina 73
- Mar 01, 2018 – Tulsa 72 vs. East Carolina 58
- Dec 28, 2017 – Tulsa 79 vs. East Carolina 53
- Feb 26, 2017 – Tulsa 74 vs. East Carolina 66
- Jan 25, 2017 – East Carolina 69 vs. Tulsa 66
- Jan 19, 2016 – Tulsa 84 vs. East Carolina 69
- Jan 05, 2016 – Tulsa 55 vs. East Carolina 43
Injury Report for Tulsa
- Keyshawn Embery-Simpson: Out for the Season (Academics)
- Josh Earley: Out for the Season (Academics)
Injury Report for East Carolina
- Brandon Suggs: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- J.J. Miles: Game-Time Decision (Achilles)
- Tremont Robinson-White: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Wynston Tabbs: Out for the Season (Knee)