How to watch Oregon State vs. California basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
California @ Oregon State
Current Records: California 9-15; Oregon State 3-17
What to Know
After three games on the road, the Oregon State Beavers are heading back home. The Beavers and the California Golden Bears will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Gill Coliseum. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Oregon State has to be aching after a bruising 86-63 loss to the Colorado Buffaloes on Saturday. Forward Glenn Taylor Jr. (15 points), forward Maurice Calloo (14 points), and guard Jarod Lucas (13 points) were the top scorers for Oregon State.
Meanwhile, California was close but no cigar on Saturday as they fell 68-64 to the Washington State Cougars. Guard Jordan Shepherd had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 33 minutes with 5-for-18 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Oregon State is expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
Oregon State is now 3-17 while the Golden Bears sit at 9-15. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Beavers are stumbling into the game with the 25th most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 75.6 on average. California has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 23rd worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 64.2 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Gill Coliseum — Corvallis, Oregon
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Beavers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Golden Bears, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Beavers as a 1-point favorite.
California have won eight out of their last 14 games against Oregon State.
- Dec 02, 2021 – California 73 vs. Oregon State 61
- Feb 25, 2021 – Oregon State 59 vs. California 57
- Jan 02, 2021 – Oregon State 73 vs. California 64
- Nov 25, 2020 – Oregon State 71 vs. California 63
- Mar 07, 2020 – Oregon State 74 vs. California 56
- Feb 01, 2020 – California 69 vs. Oregon State 67
- Feb 09, 2019 – Oregon State 79 vs. California 71
- Feb 03, 2018 – California 74 vs. Oregon State 70
- Mar 08, 2017 – California 67 vs. Oregon State 62
- Feb 24, 2017 – California 76 vs. Oregon State 46
- Jan 21, 2017 – California 69 vs. Oregon State 58
- Mar 10, 2016 – California 76 vs. Oregon State 68
- Feb 13, 2016 – California 83 vs. Oregon State 71
- Jan 09, 2016 – Oregon State 77 vs. California 71
Injury Report for Oregon State
- Rodrigue Andela: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Xzavier Malone-Key: Out (Back)
- Isaiah Johnson: Out (Concussion)
- Dashawn Davis: Out (Ankle)
- Gianni Hunt: Out for the Season (Personal)
- Chol Marial: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for California
- Andre Kelly: Out (Ankle)
- D.J. Thorpe: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Monty Bowser: Out for the Season (Ankle)