San Diego State @ San Jose State
Current Records: San Diego State 13-6; San Jose State 7-15
What to Know
The San Jose State Spartans haven’t won a game against the San Diego State Aztecs since Feb. 7 of 2017, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. The Spartans and San Diego State will face off in a Mountain West battle at 11 p.m. ET at Provident Credit Union Event Center. San Diego State should still be feeling good after a victory, while SJSU will be looking to right the ship.
SJSU received a tough blow on Saturday as they fell 76-60 to the Boise State Broncos. Despite the loss, SJSU got a solid performance out of guard Myron (MJ) Amey, Jr., who shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 24 points and eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Aztecs came out on top in a nail-biter against the Nevada Wolf Pack on Sunday, sneaking past 65-63. Guard Matt Bradley shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 26 points and seven boards, and this makes it back-to-back games in which he has scored at least 40% of San Diego State’s points.
The Spartans are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
SJSU is now 7-15 while San Diego State sits at 13-6. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: SJSU has allowed their opponents to shoot 45.90% from the floor on average, which is the 34th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. The Aztecs’ defense has more to brag about, as they they rank fourth in college basketball when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 57.2 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Provident Credit Union Event Center — San Jose, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $26.25
The Aztecs are a big 16.5-point favorite against the Spartans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Aztecs, as the game opened with the Aztecs as a 14.5-point favorite.
San Diego State have won ten out of their last 11 games against San Jose State.
- Feb 10, 2021 – San Diego State 77 vs. San Jose State 55
- Feb 08, 2021 – San Diego State 85 vs. San Jose State 54
- Dec 08, 2019 – San Diego State 59 vs. San Jose State 57
- Mar 02, 2019 – San Diego State 84 vs. San Jose State 56
- Feb 02, 2019 – San Diego State 67 vs. San Jose State 56
- Feb 24, 2018 – San Diego State 71 vs. San Jose State 59
- Jan 09, 2018 – San Diego State 85 vs. San Jose State 49
- Feb 07, 2017 – San Jose State 76 vs. San Diego State 71
- Jan 10, 2017 – San Diego State 76 vs. San Jose State 61
- Feb 21, 2016 – San Diego State 78 vs. San Jose State 56
- Jan 06, 2016 – San Diego State 77 vs. San Jose State 62
Injury Report for San Jose State
- Ibrahima Diallo: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Trey Anderson: Game-Time Decision (Face)
Injury Report for San Diego State
- Jaedon LeDee: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)