Arizona @ Washington State
Current Records: Arizona 20-2; Washington State 14-7
What to Know
The Washington State Cougars are 1-9 against the #4 Arizona Wildcats since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Thursday. Washington State and the Wildcats will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 9 p.m. ET at Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum. The Cougars are out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
Washington State came out on top in a nail-biter against the California Golden Bears on Saturday, sneaking past 68-64. Washington State’s forward Efe Abogidi was one of the most active players for the squad, posting a double-double on 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Arizona had enough points to win and then some against the Arizona State Sun Devils on Monday, taking their game 91-79. Arizona got double-digit scores from six players: forward Azuolas Tubelis (19), guard Bennedict Mathurin (18), guard Pelle Larsson (14), center Oumar Ballo (13), guard Dalen Terry (12), and center Christian Koloko (10). Bennedict Mathurin’s performance made up for a slower matchup against the Southern California Trojans on Saturday.
Washington State is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with the Cougars, who are 10-11 against the spread.
The wins brought Washington State up to 14-7 and the Wildcats to 20-2. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: Washington State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.40%, which places them 21st in college basketball. But Arizona is even better: they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37%, which places them second in college basketball. We’ll see if that edge gives Arizona a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum — Pullman, Washington
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.00
The Wildcats are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wildcats as a 6-point favorite.
Arizona have won nine out of their last ten games against Washington State.
- Feb 25, 2021 – Arizona 69 vs. Washington State 53
- Jan 02, 2021 – Arizona 86 vs. Washington State 82
- Mar 05, 2020 – Arizona 83 vs. Washington State 62
- Feb 01, 2020 – Arizona 66 vs. Washington State 49
- Feb 09, 2019 – Washington State 69 vs. Arizona 55
- Jan 31, 2018 – Arizona 100 vs. Washington State 72
- Feb 16, 2017 – Arizona 78 vs. Washington State 59
- Jan 26, 2017 – Arizona 79 vs. Washington State 62
- Feb 03, 2016 – Arizona 79 vs. Washington State 64
- Jan 16, 2016 – Arizona 90 vs. Washington State 66
Injury Report for Washington State
- Tony Miller: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Carlos Rosario: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Dishon Jackson: Out (Undisclosed)
- Jefferson Koulibaly: Out (Undisclosed)
- Myles Rice: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Arizona
- Kim Aiken Jr.: Out (Personal)