Through 2 Quarters
Down five at the end of last quarter, the Golden State Warriors have now snagged the lead. They currently hold a 62-59 lead over the New York Knicks.
The Warriors have been led by point guard Stephen Curry, who so far has 19 points and four assists. New York has been relying on the performance of power forward Julius Randle, who has dropped a double-double on 16 points and 12 rebounds in addition to four dimes.
The Knicks haven’t been much of a second-half team this season, losing 85% of the time when they were down at the break.
New York @ Golden State
Current Records: New York 24-31; Golden State 41-14
What to Know
The New York Knicks are 2-10 against the Golden State Warriors since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Thursday. The Knicks are on the road again on Thursday and play against Golden State at 10 p.m. ET Feb. 10 at Chase Center. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
On Tuesday, New York lost to the Denver Nuggets on the road by a decisive 132-115 margin. Despite the loss, New York got a solid performance out of power forward Julius Randle, who posted a double-double on 28 points and ten rebounds in addition to six assists.
Meanwhile, the Dubs have to be aching after a bruising 111-85 defeat to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. The top scorers for Golden State were shooting guard Jordan Poole (18 points) and point guard Stephen Curry (16 points).
New York is expected to lose this next one by 9. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
The Knicks are now 24-31 while the Dubs sit at 41-14. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: New York has only been able to knock down 43.50% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Dubs’ defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.90%, which places them first in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: MSG Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $53.35
The Warriors are a big 9-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as an 8.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won ten out of their last 12 games against New York.
- Dec 14, 2021 – Golden State 105 vs. New York 96
- Feb 23, 2021 – Golden State 114 vs. New York 106
- Jan 21, 2021 – New York 119 vs. Golden State 104
- Dec 11, 2019 – New York 124 vs. Golden State 122
- Jan 08, 2019 – Golden State 122 vs. New York 95
- Oct 26, 2018 – Golden State 128 vs. New York 100
- Feb 26, 2018 – Golden State 125 vs. New York 111
- Jan 23, 2018 – Golden State 123 vs. New York 112
- Mar 05, 2017 – Golden State 112 vs. New York 105
- Dec 15, 2016 – Golden State 103 vs. New York 90
- Mar 16, 2016 – Golden State 121 vs. New York 85
- Jan 31, 2016 – Golden State 116 vs. New York 95
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Back)
- Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Rest)
- Draymond Green: Out (Back)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for New York
- Luka Samanic: Out (Heel)
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Knee)
- R.J. Barrett: Out (Ankle)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)