How to watch Hornets vs. Grizzlies basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Memphis @ Charlotte
Current Records: Memphis 39-18; Charlotte 29-28
What to Know
The Charlotte Hornets are getting right back to it as they host the Memphis Grizzlies at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 12 at Spectrum Center. After these two teams made easy work of their previous opponents, one of them is set up to suffer a discouraging change of fortune.
Charlotte made easy work of the Detroit Pistons on Friday and carried off a 141-119 win. The contest was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 79-55. The Hornets’ point guard LaMelo Ball did his thing and shot 7-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 31 points and 12 dimes along with five rebounds. This also makes it three games in a row in which Ball has had at least four steals.
Meanwhile, everything went Memphis’ way against Detroit on Thursday as they made off with a 132-107 victory. Center Steven Adams and shooting guard Desmond Bane were among the main playmakers for the Grizz as the former posted a double-double on 16 points and 14 boards in addition to five assists and the latter had 22 points in addition to six rebounds.
Charlotte is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 14-6 against the spread when expected to lose.
Charlotte is now 29-28 while the Grizzlies sit at 39-18. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Hornets rank first in the league when it comes to points per game, with 113.8 on average. The Grizz is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they enter the game with 113.4 points per game on average, good for third best in the league. Tune in for what’s sure to be a high-scoring matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center — Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $34.43
The Grizzlies are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 5.5-point favorite.
Charlotte have won eight out of their last 13 games against Memphis.
- Nov 10, 2021 – Charlotte 118 vs. Memphis 108
- Feb 10, 2021 – Memphis 130 vs. Charlotte 114
- Jan 01, 2021 – Memphis 108 vs. Charlotte 93
- Dec 29, 2019 – Memphis 117 vs. Charlotte 104
- Nov 13, 2019 – Memphis 119 vs. Charlotte 117
- Feb 01, 2019 – Charlotte 100 vs. Memphis 92
- Jan 23, 2019 – Charlotte 118 vs. Memphis 107
- Mar 22, 2018 – Charlotte 140 vs. Memphis 79
- Oct 30, 2017 – Charlotte 104 vs. Memphis 99
- Nov 28, 2016 – Charlotte 104 vs. Memphis 85
- Nov 21, 2016 – Memphis 105 vs. Charlotte 90
- Dec 26, 2015 – Charlotte 98 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 11, 2015 – Charlotte 123 vs. Memphis 99