A massive middleweight title rematch is on deck from Houston, Texas, this weekend when UFC makes its return to the Lone Star State. Champion Israel Adesanya is set to take on former titleholder Robert Whittaker for a second time in just over two years when they meet in the main event of UFC 271 on Saturday night at the Toyota Center.
Adesanya scored a thunderous second-round knockout of Whittaker in Melbourne, Australia to claim the title in October 2019 to cap an amazing run in just his seventh fight with the promotion. Whittaker rebounded with three straight victories to earn a second shot against Adesanya after his brief stay atop the division. Adesanya is 3-1 since their first meeting with the lone defeat coming in a failed attempt to earn a second title at light heavyweight against Jan Blachowicz.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including the top storylines to watch on the main card this week in Houston below.
With so much going on this week — including the NBA trade deadline, Winter Olympics and Super Bowl — it’s going to be tough to keep track of everything. Luckily, we have you covered with this complete guide of news, analysis and expert picks to get you ready for all the action going down in Houston. Stay tuned to this page throughout the week for updates as well as on Saturday night to get up to the minute results and recaps from the card.
Below is the current fight card with the latest odds from Caesars Sporstbook.
UFC 271 fight card, odds
- Israel Adesanya (c) -280 vs. Robert Whittaker +230, middleweight championship
- Derrick Lewis -190 vs. Tai Tuivasa +160, heavyweight
- Jared Cannonier -160 vs. Derek Brunson +135, middleweight
- Renato Moicano -165 vs. Alexander Hernandez +140, lightweight
- Bobby Green -150 vs. Nasrat Haqparast +125, lightweight
- Andrei Arlovski -150 vs. Jared Vanderaa +125, heavyweight
- Casey O’Neill -400 vs. Roxanne Modafferi +310, women’s flyweight
- Kyler Phillips -420 vs. Marcelo Rojo +330, bantamweight
- Ronnie Lawrence -300 vs. Mana Martinez +240, bantamweight
- Carlos Ulberg -260 vs. Fabio Cherant +210, light heavyweight
- AJ Dobson -110 vs. Jacob Malkoun -110, middleweight
- Sergey Morozov -220 vs. Douglas Silva De Andrade +180, bantamweight
- Jeremiah Wells -230 vs. Mike Diamond +190, welterweight
- Maxim Grishin -165 vs. William Knight +140, light heavyweight
UFC 271 info
- Date: Feb. 12
- Location: Houston, Texas — Toyota Center
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV ($74.99)
UFC 271 countdown
- Staff predictions and expert picks for the main card
- Campbell: Why Whittaker can upset Adesanya and reclaim title
- Brookhouse: Three best bets to consider on Saturday night
- Mahjouri: How Adesanya is closing in on Silva’s legacy
- Brookhouse: What to know about each fight on the main card
- Whittaker won’t feed into the mind games from Adesanya
Who wins Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2? And what other picks do you need to see? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed top picks on UFC 271, all from the insider who’s up more than $10,000 on MMA picks the past two years, and find out.