William & Mary @ James Madison
Current Records: William & Mary 5-20; James Madison 13-10
What to Know
The James Madison Dukes and the William & Mary Tribe will face off in a Colonial clash at 4 p.m. ET Feb. 12 at Atlantic Union Bank Center. James Madison is expected to win again but is hoping to meet expectations this time.
It was close but no cigar for the Dukes as they fell 70-66 to the Elon Phoenix on Thursday. Despite the loss, James Madison got a solid performance out of forward Julien Wooden, who had 17 points.
Meanwhile, the contest between William & Mary and the Towson Tigers on Thursday was not a total blowout, but with William & Mary falling 75-60 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. A silver lining for William & Mary was the play of guard Brandon Carroll, who had 18 points.
This next game looks promising for James Madison, who are favored by a full 10 points. Now might not be the best time to take the Dukes against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The losses put James Madison at 13-10 and William & Mary at 5-20. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: James Madison ranks 20th in college basketball when it comes to steals per game, with nine on average. Less enviably, William & Mary has allowed their opponents an average of 9.4 steals per game, the 357th most in college basketball. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Atlantic Union Bank Center — Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.00
The Dukes are a big 10-point favorite against the Tribe, according to the latest college basketball odds.
Bettors have moved against the Dukes slightly, as the game opened with the Dukes as an 11.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
William & Mary have won nine out of their last 12 games against James Madison.
- Jan 15, 2022 – James Madison 95 vs. William & Mary 91
- Feb 22, 2020 – William & Mary 78 vs. James Madison 74
- Jan 23, 2020 – William & Mary 88 vs. James Madison 75
- Mar 02, 2019 – William & Mary 70 vs. James Madison 66
- Dec 28, 2018 – William & Mary 79 vs. James Madison 74
- Jan 11, 2018 – William & Mary 89 vs. James Madison 82
- Jan 02, 2018 – William & Mary 84 vs. James Madison 76
- Feb 16, 2017 – James Madison 95 vs. William & Mary 92
- Jan 19, 2017 – William & Mary 73 vs. James Madison 72
- Mar 05, 2016 – William & Mary 79 vs. James Madison 64
- Feb 27, 2016 – James Madison 71 vs. William & Mary 65
- Jan 31, 2016 – William & Mary 68 vs. James Madison 62
Injury Report for James Madison
- Andrew McConnell: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Takal Molson: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Terell Strickland: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for William & Mary
No Injury Information