Loyola Chicago @ Valparaiso
Current Records: Loyola Chicago 19-5; Valparaiso 11-14
What to Know
The Valparaiso Beacons have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Loyola Chicago Ramblers and are hoping to record their first win since March 6 of 2020. Valpo and Loyola Chicago will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Athletics-Recreation Center. The Ramblers should still be feeling good after a big victory, while Valpo will be looking to get back in the win column.
Valpo received a tough blow on Saturday as they fell 84-66 to the Missouri State Bears. Guard Kevion Taylor wasn’t much of a difference maker for Valpo; Taylor finished with only six points on 2-for-11 shooting in his 35 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Loyola Chicago made easy work of the Northern Iowa Panthers on Sunday and carried off an 85-58 win. Guard Lucas Williamson was the offensive standout of the contest for Loyola Chicago, picking up 18 points and six assists.
Valpo is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Valpo, who are 11-12 against the spread.
Valpo came up short against the Ramblers in the teams’ previous meeting last month, falling 81-74. Maybe the Beacons will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Athletics-Recreation Center — Valparaiso, Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.99
The Ramblers are a big 10-point favorite against the Beacons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Ramblers as a 9.5-point favorite.
Loyola Chicago have won ten out of their last 11 games against Valparaiso.
- Jan 11, 2022 – Loyola Chicago 81 vs. Valparaiso 74
- Feb 17, 2021 – Loyola Chicago 54 vs. Valparaiso 52
- Jan 20, 2021 – Loyola Chicago 75 vs. Valparaiso 39
- Mar 06, 2020 – Valparaiso 74 vs. Loyola Chicago 73
- Feb 09, 2020 – Loyola Chicago 70 vs. Valparaiso 68
- Dec 30, 2019 – Loyola Chicago 66 vs. Valparaiso 63
- Mar 08, 2019 – Loyola Chicago 67 vs. Valparaiso 54
- Feb 10, 2019 – Loyola Chicago 56 vs. Valparaiso 51
- Jan 15, 2019 – Loyola Chicago 71 vs. Valparaiso 54
- Feb 14, 2018 – Loyola Chicago 80 vs. Valparaiso 71
- Jan 21, 2018 – Loyola Chicago 70 vs. Valparaiso 54
Injury Report for Valparaiso
- Emil Freese-Vilien: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Keyondre Young: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Trevor Anderson: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for Loyola Chicago
- Marquise Kennedy: Out (Knee)