The 2022 Beijing Olympics are nearing their end, but plenty of excitement remains in the final four days. Day 15 of the Games looks to be particularly compelling as five finals are set to take place.
Team USA saw mixed results on the Olympics’ 14th day. The good: Americans Alex Hall and Nick Goepper claimed gold and silver, respectively, in the Freeski Slopestyle final. The not exactly bad but definitely heartbreaking: the U.S. men’s hockey team took a 3-2 shootout loss to Slovakia in the quarterfinals despite leading with less than a minute remaining.
The Americans will compete in numerous finals on Thursday, and the one drawing arguably the most attention is the women’s figure skating final. Americans Karen Chen, Mariah Bell and Alysa Liu all qualified for the free skating competition, where they’ll compete against the controversial Russian Kamila Valieva. The 15-year-old Valieva tested positive for a banned substance midway through the Games but is still allowed to compete.
For more on Day 15 of the Games, here’s the full schedule:
Team USA schedule — Thursday, Feb. 17
- Women’s skiing combined slalom, final – 1 a.m.
- Women’s ski cross, final – 1 a.m.
- Women’s speed skating 3000m, final – 3:30 a.m.
- Women’s figure skating free skating, final – 5 a.m.
- Men’s curling semifinal 1 – 7 a.m.
- Men’s curling semifinal 2 – 8 p.m.
- Women’s skiing halfpipe, final – 8:30 p.m.