Nevada @ San Jose State
Current Records: Nevada 11-13; San Jose State 7-18
What to Know
The Nevada Wolf Pack and the San Jose State Spartans are set to square off in a Mountain West matchup at 11:59 p.m. ET Feb. 17 at Provident Credit Union Event Center. The Wolf Pack will be strutting in after a victory while SJSU will be stumbling in from a loss.
Nevada is hoping for another win. They walked away with an 81-72 win over the Spartans on Tuesday. Nevada’s success was spearheaded by the efforts of center Will Baker, who had 23 points along with six boards, and guard Grant Sherfield, who had 21 points and eight assists.
Nevada is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 4-9 against the spread when favored.
Nevada’s victory brought them up to 11-13 while SJSU’s defeat pulled them down to 7-18. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Wolf Pack are stumbling into the contest with the 35th most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 74.7 on average. The Spartans have experienced some struggles of their own as they have allowed their opponents to shoot 46.40% from the floor on average, which is the 19th highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Where: Provident Credit Union Event Center — San Jose, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Wolf Pack are a big 8-point favorite against the Spartans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8-point spread, and stayed right there.
Nevada have won eight out of their last nine games against San Jose State.
- Feb 15, 2022 – Nevada 81 vs. San Jose State 72
- Feb 08, 2020 – Nevada 95 vs. San Jose State 77
- Jan 08, 2020 – San Jose State 70 vs. Nevada 68
- Jan 09, 2019 – Nevada 92 vs. San Jose State 53
- Feb 21, 2018 – Nevada 80 vs. San Jose State 67
- Jan 17, 2018 – Nevada 71 vs. San Jose State 54
- Mar 01, 2017 – Nevada 82 vs. San Jose State 67
- Dec 28, 2016 – Nevada 80 vs. San Jose State 55
- Feb 17, 2016 – Nevada 61 vs. San Jose State 55
Injury Report for San Jose State
- Ibrahima Diallo: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Trey Smith: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Nevada
- Warren Washington: Game-Time Decision (Finger)