Louisville @ North Carolina
Current Records: Louisville 12-14; North Carolina 19-8
What to Know
The Louisville Cardinals have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. U of L and the North Carolina Tar Heels will face off in an ACC battle at 7 p.m. ET on Monday at Dean E. Smith Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Cardinals were able to grind out a solid victory over the Clemson Tigers this past Saturday, winning 70-61. Guard Noah Locke (15 points) was the top scorer for U of L.
Meanwhile, UNC beat the Virginia Tech Hokies 65-57 this past Saturday. Among those leading the charge for UNC was guard Caleb Love, who had 21 points and seven assists.
The wins brought U of L up to 12-14 and the Tar Heels to 19-8. Two stats to keep an eye on: The Cardinals are stumbling into the game with the 51st fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 11.3 on average. UNCs have had an even harder time: they are fifth worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.1 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Dean E. Smith Center — Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
North Carolina have won six out of their last nine games against Louisville.
- Feb 01, 2022 – North Carolina 90 vs. Louisville 83
- Feb 20, 2021 – North Carolina 99 vs. Louisville 54
- Feb 22, 2020 – Louisville 72 vs. North Carolina 55
- Mar 14, 2019 – North Carolina 83 vs. Louisville 70
- Feb 02, 2019 – North Carolina 79 vs. Louisville 69
- Jan 12, 2019 – Louisville 83 vs. North Carolina 62
- Feb 17, 2018 – North Carolina 93 vs. Louisville 76
- Feb 22, 2017 – North Carolina 74 vs. Louisville 63
- Feb 01, 2016 – Louisville 71 vs. North Carolina 65