How to watch Loyola Chicago vs. Evansville basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Evansville @ Loyola Chicago
Current Records: Evansville 6-21; Loyola Chicago 21-6
What to Know
The Evansville Aces haven’t won a matchup against the Loyola Chicago Ramblers since Jan. 8 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. The Aces and Loyola Chicago will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET at Joseph J. Gentile Center. Loyola Chicago should still be feeling good after a victory, while Evansville will be looking to right the ship.
Evansville was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Monday as they fell 74-69 to the Valparaiso Beacons. Forward Evan Kuhlman had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only six points on 3-for-12 shooting in his 36 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Loyola Chicago beat the Illinois State Redbirds 59-50 on Monday. The Ramblers can attribute much of their success to forward Aher Uguak, who had 17 points in addition to seven rebounds, and guard Tate Hall, who had 11 points along with seven boards.
The Aces are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Evansville, who are 13-12 against the spread.
Evansville is now 6-21 while Loyola Chicago sits at 21-6. A couple offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Evansville is stumbling into the game with the 354th fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 59.5 on average. Loyola Chicago’s offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the contest boasting the 14th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 48.40%. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Joseph J. Gentile Center — Chicago, Illinois
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Ramblers are a big 21-point favorite against the Aces, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 21-point spread, and stayed right there.
Loyola Chicago have won nine out of their last 13 games against Evansville.
- Jan 18, 2022 – Loyola Chicago 77 vs. Evansville 48
- Feb 07, 2021 – Loyola Chicago 69 vs. Evansville 58
- Feb 06, 2021 – Loyola Chicago 68 vs. Evansville 55
- Feb 12, 2020 – Loyola Chicago 73 vs. Evansville 66
- Jan 11, 2020 – Loyola Chicago 78 vs. Evansville 44
- Feb 20, 2019 – Loyola Chicago 70 vs. Evansville 58
- Jan 08, 2019 – Evansville 67 vs. Loyola Chicago 48
- Feb 18, 2018 – Loyola Chicago 76 vs. Evansville 66
- Dec 30, 2017 – Loyola Chicago 66 vs. Evansville 59
- Feb 08, 2017 – Evansville 60 vs. Loyola Chicago 58
- Jan 21, 2017 – Loyola Chicago 67 vs. Evansville 61
- Feb 14, 2016 – Evansville 74 vs. Loyola Chicago 73
- Jan 19, 2016 – Evansville 74 vs. Loyola Chicago 66
Injury Report for Loyola Chicago
- Marquise Kennedy: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
Injury Report for Evansville
- Jawaun Newton: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)