Massachusetts @ Fordham
Current Records: Massachusetts 12-15; Fordham 13-14
What to Know
The Fordham Rams lost both of their matches to the Massachusetts Minutemen last season on scores of 46-65 and 54-60, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. Fordham and UMass will face off in an Atlantic 10 battle at 7 p.m. ET on Monday at Rose Hill Gym. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
Fordham was expected to have a tough go of it this past Saturday, and, well, they did. They suffered a grim 66-45 defeat to the Davidson Wildcats. Forward Chuba Ohams (15 points) was the top scorer for Fordham. That makes it six consecutive games in which Chuba Ohams has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, the game between the Minutemen and the VCU Rams this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with UMass falling 77-62 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Guard Noah Fernandes wasn’t much of a difference maker for UMass; Fernandes played for 34 minutes but put up just nine points on 3-for-11 shooting and five turnovers.
Fordham is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Maryland-Eastern Shore Hawks Nov. 19 easily too and instead slipped up with a 75-73. In other words, don’t count UMass out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Rose Hill Gym — New York, New York
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rams are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Minutemen, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Rams as a 2.5-point favorite.
Fordham have won five out of their last eight games against Massachusetts.
- Feb 03, 2021 – Massachusetts 60 vs. Fordham 54
- Jan 17, 2021 – Massachusetts 65 vs. Fordham 46
- Feb 22, 2020 – Massachusetts 57 vs. Fordham 49
- Feb 06, 2019 – Fordham 85 vs. Massachusetts 67
- Jan 27, 2018 – Fordham 82 vs. Massachusetts 69
- Jan 21, 2017 – Fordham 71 vs. Massachusetts 68
- Feb 17, 2016 – Fordham 76 vs. Massachusetts 66
- Jan 30, 2016 – Fordham 78 vs. Massachusetts 72
Injury Report for Fordham
- Antonio Daye Jr.: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Massachusetts
- Dibaji Walker: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)