How to watch Virginia Tech vs. Louisville basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Louisville @ Virginia Tech
Current Records: Louisville 12-16; Virginia Tech 18-11
What to Know
The Virginia Tech Hokies are 0-7 against the Louisville Cardinals since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Tuesday. Virginia Tech and U of L will face off in an ACC battle at 9 p.m. ET at Cassell Coliseum. The Hokies are the favorite in this one, with an expected 10.5-point margin of victory.
Virginia Tech escaped with a win this past Saturday against the Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes by the margin of a single free throw, 71-70. Four players on Virginia Tech scored in the double digits: forward Keve Aluma (18), guard Sean Pedulla (17), guard Darius Maddox (13), and guard Hunter Cattoor (10).
Meanwhile, U of L found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 99-77 punch to the gut against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons this past Saturday. A silver lining for the Cardinals was the play of forward Sydney Curry, who had 28 points along with seven boards. Curry’s performance made up for a slower game against the North Carolina Tar Heels last week. Curry’s points were the most he has had all year.
Virginia Tech’s victory lifted them to 18-11 while Louisville’s loss dropped them down to 12-16. In their win, the Hokies relied heavily on Keve Aluma, who posted a double-double on 18 points and ten rebounds. U of L will need to find a way to minimize his impact if they want to win.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Cassell Coliseum — Blacksburg, Virginia
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.49
The Hokies are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Cardinals, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Louisville have won all of the games they’ve played against Virginia Tech in the last eight years.
- Jan 06, 2021 – Louisville 73 vs. Virginia Tech 71
- Mar 01, 2020 – Louisville 68 vs. Virginia Tech 52
- Feb 04, 2019 – Louisville 72 vs. Virginia Tech 64
- Feb 24, 2018 – Louisville 75 vs. Virginia Tech 68
- Jan 13, 2018 – Louisville 94 vs. Virginia Tech 86
- Feb 18, 2017 – Louisville 94 vs. Virginia Tech 90
- Jan 27, 2016 – Louisville 91 vs. Virginia Tech 83
Injury Report for Virginia Tech
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Louisville
- Mike James: Out for the Season (Achilles)