Syracuse @ Florida State
Regular Season Records: Syracuse 15-16; Florida State 17-13
What to Know
The Florida State Seminoles and the Syracuse Orange are set to clash at noon ET March 9 at Barclays Center in the second round of the Atlantic Coast Conference Tourney. FSU will be strutting in after a victory while the Orange will be stumbling in from a defeat.
FSU didn’t have too much trouble with the NC State Wolfpack at home this past Saturday as they won 89-76. FSU got double-digit scores from five players: guard Caleb Mills (19), guard Anthony Polite (14), guard Matthew Cleveland (11), forward John Butler (11), and center Tanor Ngom (10).
‘Cuse lost a heartbreaker to the Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes when they met in January, and they left with a heavy heart again this past Saturday. It was close but no cigar for ‘Cuse as they fell 75-72 to Miami (Fla.). The matchup was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but the Orange had been the slight favorite coming in. Guard Buddy Boeheim did his best for ‘Cuse, finishing with 30 points (a whopping 42% of their total).
Syracuse’s loss took them down to 15-16 while Florida State’s win pulled them up to 17-13. In Florida State’s win, Caleb Mills had 19 points and Anthony Polite dropped a double-double on 14 points and ten rebounds. We’ll see if ‘Cuse have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Florida State have won five out of their last eight games against Syracuse.
- Jan 15, 2022 – Florida State 76 vs. Syracuse 71
- Dec 04, 2021 – Syracuse 63 vs. Florida State 60
- Feb 15, 2020 – Florida State 80 vs. Syracuse 77
- Feb 05, 2019 – Florida State 80 vs. Syracuse 62
- Jan 13, 2018 – Florida State 101 vs. Syracuse 90
- Jan 28, 2017 – Syracuse 82 vs. Florida State 72
- Mar 05, 2016 – Florida State 78 vs. Syracuse 73
- Feb 11, 2016 – Syracuse 85 vs. Florida State 72