Phoenix @ Miami
Current Records: Phoenix 52-13; Miami 44-22
What to Know
The Miami Heat will take on the Phoenix Suns at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at home. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Heat didn’t have too much trouble with the Houston Rockets at home on Monday as they won 123-106. Miami’s point guard Tyler Herro was one of the most active players for the squad, shooting 6-for-9 from beyond the arc and finishing with 31 points.
Meanwhile, things were close when Phoenix and the Orlando Magic clashed on Tuesday, but the Suns ultimately edged out the opposition 102-99. Point guard Cameron Payne was the offensive standout of the matchup for Phoenix, dropping a double-double on 18 points and 12 dimes in addition to six rebounds.
Miami is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought Miami up to 44-22 and Phoenix to 52-13. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Heat have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.30%, which places them fourth in the league. But the Suns rank second in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 48.10% on the season. We’ll see which of these strengths — offense or defense — will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FTX Arena — Miami, Florida
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $41.25
The Heat are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Suns, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Heat as a 7.5-point favorite.
Miami have won eight out of their last 13 games against Phoenix.
- Jan 08, 2022 – Miami 123 vs. Phoenix 100
- Apr 13, 2021 – Phoenix 106 vs. Miami 86
- Mar 23, 2021 – Phoenix 110 vs. Miami 100
- Aug 08, 2020 – Phoenix 119 vs. Miami 112
- Nov 07, 2019 – Miami 124 vs. Phoenix 108
- Feb 25, 2019 – Phoenix 124 vs. Miami 121
- Dec 07, 2018 – Miami 115 vs. Phoenix 98
- Mar 05, 2018 – Miami 125 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 08, 2017 – Miami 126 vs. Phoenix 115
- Mar 21, 2017 – Miami 112 vs. Phoenix 97
- Jan 03, 2017 – Phoenix 99 vs. Miami 90
- Mar 03, 2016 – Miami 108 vs. Phoenix 92
- Jan 08, 2016 – Miami 103 vs. Phoenix 95