Indiana @ Michigan
Regular Season Records: Indiana 18-12; Michigan 17-13
What to Know
The Indiana Hoosiers haven’t won a game against the Michigan Wolverines since Feb. 2 of 2016, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Thursday. The Hoosiers and Michigan are set to clash at 11:30 a.m. ET March 10 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in the second round of the Big Ten Tourney. Michigan should still be feeling good after a victory, while IU will be looking to right the ship.
IU was close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 69-67 to the Purdue Boilermakers. A silver lining for IU was the play of guard Xavier Johnson, who dropped a double-double on 18 points and 12 assists in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, the Ohio State Buckeyes typically have all the answers at home, but on Sunday the Wolverines proved too difficult a challenge. Michigan managed a 75-69 win over the Buckeyes. Four players on Michigan scored in the double digits: guard DeVante’ Jones (21), forward Terrance Williams II (17), guard Eli Brooks (14), and forward Moussa Diabate (14). Moussa Diabate’s performance made up for a slower contest against the Iowa Hawkeyes last week.
Indiana’s defeat took them down to 18-12 while Michigan’s win pulled them up to 17-13. In their win, Michigan relied heavily on DeVante’ Jones, who had 21 points and nine assists. the Hoosiers will need to find a way to minimize his impact if they want to win.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11:30 a.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Michigan have won nine out of their last ten games against Indiana.
- Jan 23, 2022 – Michigan 80 vs. Indiana 62
- Feb 27, 2021 – Michigan 73 vs. Indiana 57
- Feb 16, 2020 – Michigan 89 vs. Indiana 65
- Jan 25, 2019 – Michigan 69 vs. Indiana 46
- Jan 06, 2019 – Michigan 74 vs. Indiana 63
- Dec 02, 2017 – Michigan 69 vs. Indiana 55
- Feb 12, 2017 – Michigan 75 vs. Indiana 63
- Jan 26, 2017 – Michigan 90 vs. Indiana 60
- Mar 11, 2016 – Michigan 72 vs. Indiana 69
- Feb 02, 2016 – Indiana 80 vs. Michigan 67