Texas-El Paso @ Middle Tenn.
Regular Season Records: Texas-El Paso 19-12; Middle Tenn. 22-9
What to Know
The Middle Tenn. Blue Raiders and the Texas-El Paso Miners are set to clash at 9 p.m. ET March 10 at Ford Center at The Star in the third round of the Conference USA Conference Tourney. The Miners should still be riding high after a victory, while Middle Tenn. will be looking to get back in the win column.
Middle Tenn. was close but no cigar on Saturday as they fell 68-64 to the Old Dominion Monarchs.
Meanwhile, Texas-El Paso earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Wednesday. They walked away with a 74-64 win over Old Dominion. Four players on Texas-El Paso scored in the double digits: guard Souley Boum (21), guard Keonte Kennedy (17), guard Jamal Bieniemy (13), and forward Tydus Verhoeven (12).
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Blue Raiders are expected to win a tight contest on Thursday. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (12-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Middle Tenn.’s defeat took them down to 22-9 while Texas-El Paso’s victory pulled them up to 19-12. In Texas-El Paso’s win, Souley Boum had 21 points in addition to six boards and Jamal Bieniemy had 13 points and seven assists along with five rebounds. We’ll see if Middle Tenn. have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ford Center at The Star — Frisco, Texas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Blue Raiders are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Miners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Blue Raiders as a 2.5-point favorite.
Middle Tenn. have won seven out of their last ten games against Texas-El Paso.
- Feb 21, 2022 – Middle Tenn. 77 vs. Texas-El Paso 59
- Mar 04, 2020 – Texas-El Paso 60 vs. Middle Tenn. 56
- Jan 30, 2020 – Texas-El Paso 67 vs. Middle Tenn. 66
- Mar 09, 2019 – Middle Tenn. 48 vs. Texas-El Paso 47
- Mar 06, 2019 – Middle Tenn. 69 vs. Texas-El Paso 53
- Jan 19, 2019 – Middle Tenn. 75 vs. Texas-El Paso 72
- Jan 27, 2018 – Middle Tenn. 81 vs. Texas-El Paso 50
- Mar 10, 2017 – Middle Tenn. 82 vs. Texas-El Paso 56
- Feb 04, 2017 – Texas-El Paso 57 vs. Middle Tenn. 54
- Jan 07, 2016 – Middle Tenn. 78 vs. Texas-El Paso 72
Injury Report for Middle Tenn.
- Josh Jefferson: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Jared Coleman-Jones: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Jalen Jordan: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Texas-El Paso
No Injury Information