How to watch San Diego State vs. Fresno State basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Fresno State @ San Diego State
Regular Season Records: Fresno State 19-12; San Diego State 21-7
What to Know
The Fresno State Bulldogs haven’t won a matchup against the San Diego State Aztecs since March 6 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Thursday. Fresno State and San Diego State are set to clash at 11:30 p.m. ET March 10 at Thomas & Mack Center in the second round of the Mountain West Conference Tournament. The two teams each escaped (but just barely!) with wins against their previous opponents.
The Bulldogs earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Wednesday. They skirted by the San Jose State Spartans 69-67 thanks to a clutch half-court bomb from guard Jordan Campbell as the clock expired. The overall outcome was to be expected, but SJSU made it more of a game than the oddsmakers had predicted. Forward Orlando Robinson had 31 points along with six boards, and this makes it back-to-back games in which he has scored at least 45% of Fresno State’s points.
Speaking of close games: San Diego State escaped with a win on Saturday against the Nevada Wolf Pack by the margin of a single free throw, 79-78. The Aztecs got double-digit scores from four players: guard Matt Bradley (24), guard Trey Pulliam (12), guard Lamont Butler (11), and forward Keshad Johnson (10).
A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Bulldogs rank third in college basketball when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 58.7 on average. But San Diego State is even better: they come into the contest boasting the second fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 58.3. We’ll see if that edge gives San Diego State a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas & Mack Center — Las Vegas, Nevada
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Aztecs are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Aztecs as a 6-point favorite.
San Diego State have won nine out of their last 16 games against Fresno State.
- Mar 03, 2022 – San Diego State 65 vs. Fresno State 64
- Feb 19, 2022 – San Diego State 61 vs. Fresno State 44
- Feb 20, 2021 – San Diego State 75 vs. Fresno State 57
- Feb 18, 2021 – San Diego State 67 vs. Fresno State 53
- Jan 14, 2020 – San Diego State 64 vs. Fresno State 55
- Jan 01, 2020 – San Diego State 61 vs. Fresno State 52
- Mar 06, 2019 – Fresno State 76 vs. San Diego State 74
- Jan 22, 2019 – Fresno State 66 vs. San Diego State 62
- Mar 08, 2018 – San Diego State 64 vs. Fresno State 52
- Feb 06, 2018 – Fresno State 79 vs. San Diego State 61
- Jan 17, 2018 – Fresno State 77 vs. San Diego State 73
- Feb 22, 2017 – Fresno State 63 vs. San Diego State 55
- Feb 04, 2017 – San Diego State 70 vs. Fresno State 67
- Mar 12, 2016 – Fresno State 68 vs. San Diego State 63
- Feb 10, 2016 – Fresno State 58 vs. San Diego State 57
- Jan 19, 2016 – San Diego State 73 vs. Fresno State 67
Injury Report for San Diego State
- Tahirou Diabate: Game-Time Decision (Ribs)
- Keith Dinwiddie Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Personal)
- Jaedon LeDee: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Fresno State
- Jemarl Baker: Game-Time Decision (Knee)