Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Charlotte Hornets and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the New Orleans Pelicans 103-82.
Charlotte has been relying on point guard LaMelo Ball, who has 17 points and eight assists along with four boards, and power forward Miles Bridges, who has 15 points and five assists in addition to seven rebounds. Small forward Trey Murphy III (16 points) has been the top scorer for New Orleans.
The Pelicans have lost 89% of their games in which they were down going into the fourth quarter. Barring a miraculous turnaround, this contest will end the same way.
Charlotte @ New Orleans
Current Records: Charlotte 32-35; New Orleans 27-39
What to Know
The Charlotte Hornets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the New Orleans Pelicans at 8 p.m. ET on Friday at Smoothie King Center. The Hornets won’t have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 3-point advantage in the spread.
Charlotte received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 115-101 to the Boston Celtics. Power forward Miles Bridges (17 points), power forward P.J. Washington (17 points), and point guard LaMelo Ball (15 points) were the top scorers for Charlotte.
Meanwhile, New Orleans was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Wednesday as they fell 108-102 to the Orlando Magic. The losing side was boosted by center Jonas Valanciunas, who dropped a double-double on 30 points and 15 rebounds.
Charlotte is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Detroit Pistons Feb. 27 easily too and instead slipped up with a 127-126. In other words, don’t count New Orleans out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $21.39
The Hornets are a 3-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Pelicans as a 3.5-point favorite.
New Orleans have won eight out of their last 11 games against Charlotte.
- May 09, 2021 – New Orleans 112 vs. Charlotte 110
- Jan 08, 2021 – Charlotte 118 vs. New Orleans 110
- Nov 09, 2019 – New Orleans 115 vs. Charlotte 110
- Apr 03, 2019 – Charlotte 115 vs. New Orleans 109
- Dec 02, 2018 – New Orleans 119 vs. Charlotte 109
- Mar 13, 2018 – New Orleans 119 vs. Charlotte 115
- Jan 24, 2018 – New Orleans 101 vs. Charlotte 96
- Mar 11, 2017 – New Orleans 125 vs. Charlotte 122
- Nov 19, 2016 – New Orleans 121 vs. Charlotte 116
- Mar 09, 2016 – Charlotte 122 vs. New Orleans 113
- Jan 15, 2016 – New Orleans 109 vs. Charlotte 107
Injury Report for New Orleans
- CJ McCollum: Out (Covid-19)
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Hamstring)
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- James Bouknight: Out (Neck)
- Gordon Hayward: Out (Ankle)