Southern California @ UCLA
Regular Season Records: Southern California 26-6; UCLA 24-6
What to Know
The #21 Southern California Trojans and the #13 UCLA Bruins are set to clash at 11:30 p.m. ET March 11 at T-Mobile Arena in the third round of the Pac-12 Conference Tournament. The Trojans will be seeking to avenge the 75-68 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played March 5th.
USC came out on top in a nail-biter against the Washington Huskies on Thursday, sneaking past 65-61. The top scorer for USC was guard Boogie Ellis (17 points).
Meanwhile, UCLA earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Thursday. They took their contest against the Washington State Cougars 75-65. UCLA can attribute much of their success to guard Jaime Jaquez Jr., who posted a double-double on 23 points and 11 rebounds.
USC is expected to lose this next one by 6. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 4-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Trojans are 348th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only ten on average. To make matters even worse for USC, the Bruins enter the game with only 9.2 turnovers per game on average, good for fourth best in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked in UCLA’s favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 11:30 p.m. ET
- Where: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas, Nevada
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bruins are a solid 6-point favorite against the Trojans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6-point spread, and stayed right there.
Southern California have won ten out of their last 16 games against UCLA.
- Mar 05, 2022 – UCLA 75 vs. Southern California 68
- Feb 12, 2022 – Southern California 67 vs. UCLA 64
- Mar 06, 2021 – Southern California 64 vs. UCLA 63
- Feb 06, 2021 – Southern California 66 vs. UCLA 48
- Mar 07, 2020 – Southern California 54 vs. UCLA 52
- Jan 11, 2020 – Southern California 74 vs. UCLA 63
- Feb 28, 2019 – UCLA 93 vs. Southern California 88
- Jan 19, 2019 – Southern California 80 vs. UCLA 67
- Mar 03, 2018 – UCLA 83 vs. Southern California 72
- Feb 03, 2018 – UCLA 82 vs. Southern California 79
- Mar 09, 2017 – UCLA 76 vs. Southern California 74
- Feb 18, 2017 – UCLA 102 vs. Southern California 70
- Jan 25, 2017 – Southern California 84 vs. UCLA 76
- Mar 09, 2016 – Southern California 95 vs. UCLA 71
- Feb 04, 2016 – Southern California 80 vs. UCLA 61
- Jan 13, 2016 – Southern California 89 vs. UCLA 75
Injury Report for UCLA
- Mac Etienne: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Will McClendon: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Southern California
- Isaiah White: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)