Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Philadelphia 76ers and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. It’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Dallas Mavericks as the Sixers lead 86-76.
Philadelphia has been led by center Joel Embiid, who so far has 26 points in addition to six rebounds and five steals. One thing to keep an eye out for is Tobias Harris’ foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard Jalen Brunson has led the way so far for Dallas, as he has 19 points and four assists.
the Mavericks have lost 74% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Dallas @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Dallas 43-26; Philadelphia 42-26
What to Know
The Dallas Mavericks’ road trip will continue as they head to Wells Fargo Center at 7 p.m. ET Friday to face off against the Philadelphia 76ers. Gamethese two teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous gamethese two teams experienced a bit of a scare in their previous but managed to pull out a pair of wins.
It was a close one, but on Wednesday the Mavericks sidestepped the Brooklyn Nets for a 113-111 win. Point guard Luka Doncic continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, shooting 5-for-12 from beyond the arc and finishing with 37 points, nine dimes and nine boards.
Speaking of close games: Philadelphia came out on top in a nail-biter against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, sneaking past 118-114. It was another big night for the 76ers’ center Joel Embiid, who dropped a double-double on 35 points and 17 rebounds along with five assists. Embiid’s night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 34 points.
The Mavericks are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Oklahoma City Thunder Feb. 2 easily too and instead slipped up with a 120-114. In other words, don’t count Philadelphia out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: Bally Sports Southwest Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $60.00
The 76ers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 4-point favorite.
Dallas have won seven out of their last 13 games against Philadelphia.
- Feb 04, 2022 – Dallas 107 vs. Philadelphia 98
- Apr 12, 2021 – Philadelphia 113 vs. Dallas 95
- Feb 25, 2021 – Philadelphia 111 vs. Dallas 97
- Jan 11, 2020 – Dallas 109 vs. Philadelphia 91
- Dec 20, 2019 – Dallas 117 vs. Philadelphia 98
- Apr 01, 2019 – Dallas 122 vs. Philadelphia 102
- Jan 05, 2019 – Philadelphia 106 vs. Dallas 100
- Apr 08, 2018 – Philadelphia 109 vs. Dallas 97
- Oct 28, 2017 – Philadelphia 112 vs. Dallas 110
- Mar 17, 2017 – Philadelphia 116 vs. Dallas 74
- Feb 01, 2017 – Dallas 113 vs. Philadelphia 95
- Feb 21, 2016 – Dallas 129 vs. Philadelphia 103
- Nov 16, 2015 – Dallas 92 vs. Philadelphia 86
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Joel Embiid: Game-Time Decision (Back)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Reggie Bullock: Out (Personal)
- Theo Pinson: Out (Finger)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Foot)