Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Atlanta Hawks, but thus far the points are on their side. After three quarters it’s looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Memphis Grizzlies as the Hawks lead 91-75.
Atlanta has been led by shooting guard Delon Wright, who so far has 15 points and six assists along with four steals. One thing to keep an eye out for is De’Andre Hunter’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard Ja Morant has led the way so far for Memphis, as he has 27 points and four assists.
Memphis @ Atlanta
Current Records: Memphis 48-22; Atlanta 34-35
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks will square off against the Memphis Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. ET Friday at State Farm Arena. Atlanta is out to keep their six-game home win streak alive.
The Hawks came up short against the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday, falling 116-106. One thing holding Atlanta back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Bogdan Bogdanovic, who did not have his best game: he finished with 12 points on 5-for-16 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Memphis was fully in charge on Tuesday, breezing past the Indiana Pacers 135-102 on the road. With the Grizz ahead 74-49 at the half, the game was all but over already. Their success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but shooting guard Desmond Bane led the charge as he had 21 points and six assists.
Atlanta is expected to lose this next one by 7. Now might not be the best time to take Atlanta against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past seven consecutive games.
The Hawks are now 34-35 while the Grizz sits at 48-22. Two stats to keep an eye on: Atlanta enters the contest with only seven steals given up per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. But the Grizz comes into the matchup boasting the most steals per game in the league at 9.87. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $72.00
The Grizzlies are a solid 7-point favorite against the Hawks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 4.5-point favorite.
Atlanta have won seven out of their last 13 games against Memphis.
- Nov 26, 2021 – Atlanta 132 vs. Memphis 100
- Apr 07, 2021 – Memphis 131 vs. Atlanta 113
- Dec 26, 2020 – Atlanta 122 vs. Memphis 112
- Mar 07, 2020 – Memphis 118 vs. Atlanta 101
- Mar 02, 2020 – Memphis 127 vs. Atlanta 88
- Mar 13, 2019 – Atlanta 132 vs. Memphis 111
- Oct 19, 2018 – Memphis 131 vs. Atlanta 117
- Feb 06, 2018 – Atlanta 108 vs. Memphis 82
- Dec 15, 2017 – Memphis 96 vs. Atlanta 94
- Mar 16, 2017 – Memphis 103 vs. Atlanta 91
- Mar 11, 2017 – Atlanta 107 vs. Memphis 90
- Mar 12, 2016 – Atlanta 95 vs. Memphis 83
- Nov 27, 2015 – Atlanta 116 vs. Memphis 101
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Trae Young: Out (Quadriceps)
- John Collins: Out (Finger)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Killian Tillie: Game-Time Decision (Knee)