How to watch Magic vs. Thunder basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Oklahoma City @ Orlando
Current Records: Oklahoma City 20-50; Orlando 18-53
What to Know
The Orlando Magic are 3-9 against the Oklahoma City Thunder since October of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Sunday. Orlando’s homestand continues as they prepare to take on Oklahoma City at 6 p.m. ET March 20 at Amway Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
This past Thursday, the Magic lost to the Detroit Pistons at home by a decisive 134-120 margin. One thing holding Orlando back was the mediocre play of point guard R.J. Hampton, who did not have his best game: he finished with only eight points on 3-for-11 shooting in his 29 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, the contest between OKC and the Miami Heat this past Friday was not particularly close, with Oklahoma City falling 120-108. Oklahoma City was down 103-79 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. A silver lining for them was the play of shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who had 26 points in addition to seven boards.
The Magic are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (4-2), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The losses put Orlando at 18-53 and OKC at 20-50. A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: Orlando has only been able to knock down 43.40% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in the league. Oklahoma Cities have had an even harder time: they have only been able to knock down 42.60% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. It could be a slow evening.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Magic are a big 8-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Magic as a 5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won nine out of their last 12 games against Orlando.
- Jan 02, 2021 – Oklahoma City 108 vs. Orlando 99
- Dec 29, 2020 – Orlando 118 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Jan 22, 2020 – Oklahoma City 120 vs. Orlando 114
- Nov 05, 2019 – Oklahoma City 102 vs. Orlando 94
- Feb 05, 2019 – Oklahoma City 132 vs. Orlando 122
- Jan 29, 2019 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Orlando 117
- Feb 26, 2018 – Oklahoma City 112 vs. Orlando 105
- Nov 29, 2017 – Orlando 121 vs. Oklahoma City 108
- Mar 29, 2017 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Orlando 106
- Nov 13, 2016 – Orlando 119 vs. Oklahoma City 117
- Feb 03, 2016 – Oklahoma City 117 vs. Orlando 114
- Oct 30, 2015 – Oklahoma City 139 vs. Orlando 136
Injury Report for Orlando
- Jalen Suggs: Out (Ankle)
- Bol Bol: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Derrick Favors: Out (Back)
- Kenrich Williams: Out (Knee)
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Ankle)
- Josh Giddey: Out (Hip)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl: Out (Foot)
- Mike Muscala: Out for the Season (Ankle)
- Ty Jerome: Out for the Season (Groin)
- Luguentz Dort: Out for the Season (Shoulder)