How to watch Pacers vs. Trail Blazers basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Portland @ Indiana
Current Records: Portland 26-43; Indiana 24-47
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers are 3-10 against the Portland Trail Blazers since December of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Sunday. Indiana will look to defend their home court against Portland at 3:30 p.m. ET. Expect the scorekeeper to be kept busy: if their previous games are any indication, the Pacers and Rip City will really light up the scoreboard.
This past Friday, Indiana narrowly escaped with a victory as the squad sidled past the Houston Rockets 121-118. Indiana can attribute much of their success to center Goga Bitadze, who had 23 points along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, Portland was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Friday as they fell 128-123 to the Brooklyn Nets. The Trail Blazers were up 75-62 at the end of the half but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Their defeat shouldn’t obscure the performances of guard Brandon Williams, who had 24 points and five assists in addition to six rebounds, and shooting guard Josh Hart, who had 25 points and seven assists in addition to five boards.
The Pacers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Indiana against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Indiana’s win brought them up to 24-47 while Portland’s loss pulled them down to 26-43. A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Indiana has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.40% from the floor on average, which is the fourth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. The Trail Blazers have had an even harder time: they have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.50% from the floor on average, which is the third highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. The good news? The teams might be seeing more of their shots fall.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest – Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Pacers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Portland have won ten out of their last 13 games against Indiana.
- Nov 05, 2021 – Portland 110 vs. Indiana 106
- Apr 27, 2021 – Portland 133 vs. Indiana 112
- Jan 14, 2021 – Indiana 111 vs. Portland 87
- Feb 27, 2020 – Indiana 106 vs. Portland 100
- Jan 26, 2020 – Portland 139 vs. Indiana 129
- Mar 18, 2019 – Portland 106 vs. Indiana 98
- Oct 29, 2018 – Portland 103 vs. Indiana 93
- Jan 18, 2018 – Portland 100 vs. Indiana 86
- Oct 20, 2017 – Portland 114 vs. Indiana 96
- Dec 10, 2016 – Indiana 118 vs. Portland 111
- Nov 30, 2016 – Portland 131 vs. Indiana 109
- Feb 28, 2016 – Portland 111 vs. Indiana 102
- Dec 03, 2015 – Portland 123 vs. Indiana 111
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Rest)
- Chris Duarte: Out (Toe)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Concussion)
- Myles Turner: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
- T.J. Warren: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Portland
- Eric Bledsoe: Out (Achilles)
- Justise Winslow: Out (Achilles)
- Anfernee Simons: Out (Quadriceps)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
- Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Foot)
- Marcos Louzada Silva: Out (Knee)
- Nassir Little: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Joe Ingles: Out for the Season (Knee)