Through 3 Quarters
Fans are certainly getting their money’s worth as the Brooklyn Nets and the Memphis Grizzlies have combined for 207 points three quarters in. a win is still up for grabs for either team, but Brooklyn is up 104-103
The Nets have been relying on point guard Kyrie Irving, who has 33 points and seven assists, and power forward Kevin Durant, who has 33 points and seven assists along with nine boards. KD’s night has made it three games in a row with at least 33 points. One thing to keep an eye out for is Andre Drummond’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Memphis hasn’t lost 70% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a victory here would be refreshing.
Brooklyn @ Memphis
Current Records: Brooklyn 38-34; Memphis 49-23
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Memphis Grizzlies at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at FedExForum. Brooklyn hasn’t won a contest against Memphis since Jan. 4 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought.
The Nets were able to grind out a solid win over the Utah Jazz on Monday, winning 114-106. It was another big night for Brooklyn’s power forward Kevin Durant, who had 37 points and eight assists along with nine rebounds.
A well-balanced attack led the Grizz over the Houston Rockets every single quarter on their way to victory on Sunday. Memphis was the clear victor by a 122-98 margin over Houston. Among those leading the charge for the Grizz was shooting guard Desmond Bane, who had 24 points and seven assists in addition to five boards.
The Nets are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Los Angeles Clippers Jan. 1 easily too and instead slipped up with a 120-116. In other words, don’t count the Grizz out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum — Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $35.00
The Nets are a slight 1-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Nets slightly, as the game opened with the Nets as a 2.5-point favorite.
Memphis have won nine out of their last 13 games against Brooklyn.
- Jan 03, 2022 – Memphis 118 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Jan 08, 2021 – Memphis 115 vs. Brooklyn 110
- Dec 28, 2020 – Memphis 116 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 04, 2020 – Memphis 118 vs. Brooklyn 79
- Oct 27, 2019 – Memphis 134 vs. Brooklyn 133
- Jan 04, 2019 – Brooklyn 109 vs. Memphis 100
- Nov 30, 2018 – Memphis 131 vs. Brooklyn 125
- Mar 19, 2018 – Brooklyn 118 vs. Memphis 115
- Nov 26, 2017 – Brooklyn 98 vs. Memphis 88
- Mar 06, 2017 – Brooklyn 122 vs. Memphis 109
- Feb 13, 2017 – Memphis 112 vs. Brooklyn 103
- Feb 10, 2016 – Memphis 109 vs. Brooklyn 90
- Oct 31, 2015 – Memphis 101 vs. Brooklyn 91
Injury Report for Memphis
- Killian Tillie: Out (Knee)
- Ja Morant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Goran Dragic: Out (Knee)
- Seth Curry: Out (Ankle)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Hip)
- Ben Simmons: Out (Back)
- Joe Harris: Out for the Season (Ankle)