Through 2 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Philadelphia 76ers have now snagged the lead. They have emerged as the frontrunner at halftime and are ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers 61-52. The 76ers have been led by center Joel Embiid, who so far has 16 points and two assists in addition to seven boards, three steals, and two blocks.
Both the Sixers and Los Angeles padded the win column in their previous outings. We’ll see if Philadelphia can maintain their lead to polish off another win and cancel out Los Angeles’ positive energy.
Philadelphia @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Philadelphia 44-27; Los Angeles 31-41
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers haven’t won a game against the Philadelphia 76ers since March 3 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. Los Angeles will look to defend their home court against Philadelphia at 10 p.m. ET. The Lakers aren’t expected to win, but seeing as the odds didn’t stop them last game, maybe the squad has another upset up their sleeve.
Los Angeles had enough points to win and then some against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday, taking their matchup 131-120. It was another big night for Los Angeles’ small forward LeBron James, who posted a triple-double on 38 points, 12 dimes, and 11 rebounds. LBJ now has six triple-doubles this season.
Meanwhile, the Sixers bagged a 113-106 win over the Miami Heat on Monday. Philadelphia’s point guard Tyrese Maxey was one of the most active players for the team, picking up 28 points in addition to five boards.
Los Angeles is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Oklahoma City Thunder Nov. 4 easily too and instead slipped up with a 107-104. In other words, don’t count the Sixers out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Crypto.com Arena — Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The 76ers are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the 76ers, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 7.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won nine out of their last 13 games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 27, 2022 – Philadelphia 105 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Mar 25, 2021 – Philadelphia 109 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Jan 27, 2021 – Philadelphia 107 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Mar 03, 2020 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Philadelphia 107
- Jan 25, 2020 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Feb 10, 2019 – Philadelphia 143 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Jan 29, 2019 – Philadelphia 121 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Dec 07, 2017 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Philadelphia 104
- Nov 15, 2017 – Philadelphia 115 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Mar 12, 2017 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Los Angeles 116
- Dec 16, 2016 – Los Angeles 100 vs. Philadelphia 89
- Jan 01, 2016 – Los Angeles 93 vs. Philadelphia 84
- Dec 01, 2015 – Philadelphia 103 vs. Los Angeles 91
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Talen Horton-Tucker: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- LeBron James: Out (Knee)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Philadelphia
No Injury Information