How to watch Hawks vs. Warriors basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Through 1 Quarter
We’ve seen some fireworks one quarter in as the Golden State Warriors and the Atlanta Hawks have combined for 78 points. a victory is still up for grabs for either team, but Golden State is up 42-36
The Dubs have been led by shooting guard Jordan Poole, who so far has 15 points.
Golden State @ Atlanta
Current Records: Golden State 48-25; Atlanta 36-37
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks are 3-9 against the Golden State Warriors since February of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Friday. The Hawks will take on Golden State at 7:30 p.m. ET at home. The Dubs should still be riding high after a victory, while Atlanta will be looking to get back in the win column.
Atlanta has to be hurting after a devastating 122-101 loss at the hands of the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday. Shooting guard Kevin Huerter had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 27 minutes but putting up just eight points on 3-for-12 shooting.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 50-50 at the half for Golden State and the Miami Heat on Wednesday, but Golden State stepped up in the second half for a 118-104 win. Shooting guard Jordan Poole was the offensive standout of the game for the Dubs, shooting 7-for-13 from downtown and finishing with 30 points and nine dimes.
The Hawks are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Houston Rockets Dec. 13 easily too and instead slipped up with a 132-126. In other words, don’t count the Warriors out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Arena — Atlanta, Georgia
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $65.00
The Hawks are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 2-point favorite.
Golden State have won nine out of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- Nov 08, 2021 – Golden State 127 vs. Atlanta 113
- Apr 04, 2021 – Atlanta 117 vs. Golden State 111
- Mar 26, 2021 – Atlanta 124 vs. Golden State 108
- Dec 02, 2019 – Atlanta 104 vs. Golden State 79
- Dec 03, 2018 – Golden State 128 vs. Atlanta 111
- Nov 13, 2018 – Golden State 110 vs. Atlanta 103
- Mar 23, 2018 – Golden State 106 vs. Atlanta 94
- Mar 02, 2018 – Golden State 114 vs. Atlanta 109
- Mar 06, 2017 – Golden State 119 vs. Atlanta 111
- Nov 28, 2016 – Golden State 105 vs. Atlanta 100
- Mar 01, 2016 – Golden State 109 vs. Atlanta 105
- Feb 22, 2016 – Golden State 102 vs. Atlanta 92
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Knee)
- Skylar Mays: Out (Illness)
- John Collins: Out (Finger)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Back)
- Stephen Curry: Out (Foot)
- James Wiseman: Out for the Season (Knee)