How to watch Pelicans vs. Spurs basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
San Antonio @ New Orleans
Current Records: San Antonio 29-44; New Orleans 31-42
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans and the San Antonio Spurs will face off in a Southwest Division clash at 5 p.m. ET March 26 at Smoothie King Center. Expect the scorekeeper to be kept busy: if their previous games are any indication, the Pelicans and San Antonio will really light up the scoreboard Saturday.
While not quite a landslide, the game between New Orleans and the Chicago Bulls on Thursday was still a pretty decisive one as New Orleans wrapped it up with a 126-109 win at home. Among those leading the charge for New Orleans was point guard Devonte’ Graham, who shot 5-for-7 from downtown and finished with 30 points.
A well-balanced attack led San Antonio over the Portland Trail Blazers every single quarter on their way to victory on Wednesday. The Spurs steamrolled past Portland 133-96 on the road. The contest was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 81-53. It was another big night for San Antonio’s point guard Dejounte Murray, who had 28 points and seven assists in addition to six rebounds.
New Orleans is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The wins brought New Orleans up to 31-42 and San Antonio to 29-44. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Pelicans rank fourth in the league when it comes to fouls drawn per game, with 20.4 on average. But the Spurs enter the matchup with only 18.1 fouls per game on average, good for second best in the league. The ref’s whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports – New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Pelicans are a solid 6-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pelicans as a 5-point favorite.
San Antonio have won 16 out of their last 24 games against New Orleans.
- Mar 18, 2022 – New Orleans 124 vs. San Antonio 91
- Feb 12, 2022 – San Antonio 124 vs. New Orleans 114
- Dec 12, 2021 – San Antonio 112 vs. New Orleans 97
- Apr 24, 2021 – San Antonio 110 vs. New Orleans 108
- Feb 27, 2021 – San Antonio 117 vs. New Orleans 114
- Dec 27, 2020 – New Orleans 98 vs. San Antonio 95
- Aug 09, 2020 – San Antonio 122 vs. New Orleans 113
- Jan 22, 2020 – San Antonio 121 vs. New Orleans 117
- Feb 02, 2019 – San Antonio 113 vs. New Orleans 108
- Jan 26, 2019 – San Antonio 126 vs. New Orleans 114
- Nov 19, 2018 – New Orleans 140 vs. San Antonio 126
- Nov 03, 2018 – San Antonio 109 vs. New Orleans 95
- Apr 11, 2018 – New Orleans 122 vs. San Antonio 98
- Mar 15, 2018 – San Antonio 98 vs. New Orleans 93
- Feb 28, 2018 – New Orleans 121 vs. San Antonio 116
- Nov 22, 2017 – New Orleans 107 vs. San Antonio 90
- Mar 03, 2017 – San Antonio 101 vs. New Orleans 98
- Jan 27, 2017 – New Orleans 119 vs. San Antonio 103
- Dec 18, 2016 – San Antonio 113 vs. New Orleans 100
- Oct 29, 2016 – San Antonio 98 vs. New Orleans 79
- Mar 30, 2016 – San Antonio 100 vs. New Orleans 92
- Mar 03, 2016 – San Antonio 94 vs. New Orleans 86
- Feb 03, 2016 – San Antonio 110 vs. New Orleans 97
- Nov 20, 2015 – New Orleans 104 vs. San Antonio 90
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Hamstring)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Lonnie Walker IV: Out (Back)
- Devin Vassell: Out (Achilles)
- Romeo Langford: Out (Hamstring)
- Doug McDermott: Out (Ankle)