How to watch Celtics vs. Timberwolves basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Minnesota @ Boston
Current Records: Minnesota 43-32; Boston 46-28
What to Know
The Boston Celtics will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves at 6 p.m. ET Sunday at TD Garden after having had a few days off. Averaging 126.75 points in their past four games, Boston’s high-powered offense has been in full-swing lately, so Minnesota better be ready for a challenge.
You can’t lose the matchup if you win every quarter, and that was precisely the Celtics’ strategy against the Utah Jazz this past Wednesday. Boston was the clear victor by a 125-97 margin over Utah. With Boston ahead 68-45 at the half, the game was all but over already. They relied on the efforts of small forward Jayson Tatum, who shot 5-for-8 from downtown and finished with 26 points, and shooting guard Jaylen Brown, who had 26 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, the Timberwolves made easy work of the Dallas Mavericks this past Friday and carried off a 116-95 win. The contest was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Minnesota had established an 89-67 advantage. It was another big night for their center Karl-Anthony Towns, who had 20 points along with nine boards.
The Celtics are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Detroit Pistons Feb. 16 easily too and instead slipped up with a 112-111. In other words, don’t count Minnesota out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden — Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $68.00
The Celtics are a solid 6-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 6.5-point favorite.
Boston have won ten out of their last 12 games against Minnesota.
- Dec 27, 2021 – Minnesota 108 vs. Boston 103
- May 15, 2021 – Boston 124 vs. Minnesota 108
- Apr 09, 2021 – Boston 145 vs. Minnesota 136
- Feb 21, 2020 – Boston 127 vs. Minnesota 117
- Jan 02, 2019 – Boston 115 vs. Minnesota 102
- Dec 01, 2018 – Boston 118 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 08, 2018 – Boston 117 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 05, 2018 – Boston 91 vs. Minnesota 84
- Mar 15, 2017 – Boston 117 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 21, 2016 – Boston 99 vs. Minnesota 93
- Feb 22, 2016 – Minnesota 124 vs. Boston 122
- Dec 21, 2015 – Boston 113 vs. Minnesota 99