Through 3 Quarters
Down four at the end of last quarter, the Orlando Magic have now snagged the lead. It’s anybody’s game after three quarters, but Orlando is ahead of the Sacramento Kings 84-81.
The Magic have been led by small forward Franz Wagner, who so far has 17 points in addition to eight rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Robin Lopez’s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Point guard Davion Mitchell has led the way so far for Sacramento, as he has 20 points and five assists along with four boards.
This is the first time Orlando has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past six games.
Sacramento @ Orlando
Current Records: Sacramento 26-48; Orlando 20-54
What to Know
This Saturday, the Sacramento Kings are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.77 points per contest. After a few days’ rest for both teams, they and the Orlando Magic will meet up at 7 p.m. ET March 26 at Amway Center. If the game is anything like the Kings’ 142-130 victory from their previous meeting in December of last year, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
Sacramento escaped with a win on Wednesday against the Indiana Pacers by the margin of a single free throw, 110-109. Sacramento’s point guard Davion Mitchell looked sharp as he had 25 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Orlando and the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with Orlando falling 118-102 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Orlando’s defeat came about despite a quality game from point guard Cole Anthony, who dropped a double-double on 17 points and 11 dimes along with five boards.
Sacramento’s win lifted them to 26-48 while Orlando’s loss dropped them down to an irreparable 20-54. We’ll see if Sacramento can repeat their recent success or if the Magic bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Magic are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Magic as a 3.5-point favorite.
Sacramento have won eight out of their last 13 games against Orlando.
- Dec 08, 2021 – Sacramento 142 vs. Orlando 130
- Feb 12, 2021 – Orlando 123 vs. Sacramento 112
- Jan 27, 2021 – Sacramento 121 vs. Orlando 107
- Aug 02, 2020 – Orlando 132 vs. Sacramento 116
- Jan 13, 2020 – Orlando 114 vs. Sacramento 112
- Jan 07, 2019 – Sacramento 111 vs. Orlando 95
- Oct 30, 2018 – Sacramento 107 vs. Orlando 99
- Mar 09, 2018 – Sacramento 94 vs. Orlando 88
- Jan 23, 2018 – Sacramento 105 vs. Orlando 99
- Mar 13, 2017 – Sacramento 120 vs. Orlando 115
- Nov 03, 2016 – Orlando 102 vs. Sacramento 94
- Mar 11, 2016 – Orlando 107 vs. Sacramento 100
- Nov 21, 2015 – Sacramento 97 vs. Orlando 91
Injury Report for Orlando
- Wendell Carter Jr.: Out (Wrist)
- Jalen Suggs: Out (Ankle)
- Bol Bol: Out for the Season (Foot)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out for the Season (Hamstring)
Injury Report for Sacramento
- De’Aaron Fox: Out (Hand)
- Domantas Sabonis: Out (Knee)
- Richaun Holmes: Out for the Season (Personal)
- Terence Davis: Out (Wrist)