A pair of title fights headline the promotion’s return to Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday night
UFC 273 is finally here. The promotion is set to return to Jacksonville, Florida, on April 9, with a jam-packed fight card that features a pair of title fights and a rising star. Featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski will put his title on the line against Chan Sung Jung in the main event while bantamweight champ Aljamain Sterling looks for a more satisfying ending against interim titleholder Petr Yan in their rematch.
Volkanovski was originally expected to face Max Holloway for a third time, but Holloway was forced to withdraw with an injury. Now, he takes on “Korean Zombie” as the Aussie looks for his third title defense. Jung bounced back from a loss to Brian Ortega by outpointing Dan Ige in 2021.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including an early lookahead to UFC 273 in Jacksonville, Florida, below.
Yan and Sterling, meanwhile, have unfinished business to settle from their first meeting. The two battled in March 2021 to crown an undisputed champion, but a blatant illegal knee from Yan in the fourth round left Sterling unable to continue and declared the winner by disqualification. Sterling has not fought since then while recovering from neck surgery as Yan has continued to dominate, dismantling Cory Sandhagen over five rounds in October.
Plus, the featured bout of the main card might be getting the most attention this week as rising star Khamzat Chimaev returns to take on former title challenger Gilbert Burns. Chimaev has left a path of destruction in his wake through four appearances inside the Octagon. The Russian native who fights out of Sweden smashed the first two opponents put in front of him … in the span of 10 days. Then he one-punch KO’d Gerald Meerschaert before returning last October to choke Li Jingliang unconscious. Now, he faces Burns in what could be the final test before he gets elevated to title contender.
Below is the complete fight card for UFC 273 along with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook. Check back all week long for the latest news, features and other content around this massive event.
UFC 273 fight card, odds
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -700 vs. Chan Sung Jung +500, featherweight title
- Petr Yan -490 vs. Aljamain Sterling (c) +370, bantamweight title
- Khamzat Chimaev -490 vs. Gilbert Burns +370, middleweights
- Mackenzie Dern -115 vs. Tecia Torres -105, women’s strawweights
- Vinc Pichel -125 vs. Mark Madsen +105, lightweights
- Ian Garry -360 vs. Darian Weeks +280, welterweights
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik -160 vs. Marcin Tybura +135, heavyweights
- Raquel Pennington -190 vs. Aspen Ladd +160, women’s bantamweights
- Mike Malott -190 vs. Mickey Gall +160, welterweights
- Aleksei Oleinik -110 vs. Jared Vanderaa -110, heavyweights
- Anthony Hernandez -200 vs. Josh Fremd +170, welterweights
- Piera Rodriguez -120 vs. Kay Hansen +100, women’s strawweights
- Julio Arce -195 vs. Daniel Santos +165, bantamweights
UFC 273 info
- Date: April 9
- Location: VyStar Memorial Arena — Jacksonville, Florida
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV | Price: $74.99
UFC 273 countdown
- Brookhouse: Best bets to consider for Saturday night
- Mahjouri: Three biggest fights outside of the main event to watch
- Campbell: Chimaev the biggest storyline ahead of Saturday night
- Mahjouri: Dern says she’s still ‘so scared’ of missing weight
Who wins Volkanovski vs. The Korean Zombie? And what other picks do you need to see? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed top picks on UFC 273, all from the insider who’s up more than $10,000 on MMA picks the past two years, and find out.