A pair of title fights headline the promotion’s return to Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday night
The latest PPV offering from UFC is upon us. The promotion is back in the Sunshine State with a massive fight card in tow as a pair of titles top the billing from Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday night. UFC 273 boasts both the featherweight and bantamweight titles as 145-pound champ Alexander Volkanovski takes on “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung in the main event while 135-pound titleholder Aljamain Sterling battles former champ Petr Yan in a rematch from March 2021.
The featherweight champion enters on one of the longest winning streaks in the promotion at 10 and has won 20 in a row overall. The former rugby star has made two defenses of the 145-pound crown already as he looks to add a third on Saturday night. Jung, meanwhile, bounced back from a tough loss to Brian Ortega with a solid win over Dan Ige last June.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including an early lookahead to UFC 273 in Jacksonville, Florida, below.
The co-main event sees a title rematch at bantamweight. Champion Aljamain Sterling and interim titleholder Petr Yan have unfinished business to settle from their first meeting. The two battled in March 2021 to crown an undisputed champion, but a blatant illegal knee from Yan in the fourth round left Sterling unable to continue and declared the winner by disqualification. Sterling has not fought since then while recovering from neck surgery as Yan has continued to dominate, dismantling Cory Sandhagen over five rounds in October.
Below is the complete fight card for UFC 273 along with the latest odds from Caesars Sportsbook.
UFC 273 fight card, odds, results
- Alexander Volkanovski (c) -700 vs. Chan Sung Jung +500, featherweight title
- Petr Yan -450 vs. Aljamain Sterling (c) +350, bantamweight title
- Khamzat Chimaev -550 vs. Gilbert Burns +400, middleweights
- Mackenzie Dern -120 vs. Tecia Torres +100, women’s strawweights
- Vinc Pichel -115 vs. Mark Madsen -105, lightweights
- Ian Garry -360 vs. Darian Weeks +280, welterweights
- Raquel Pennington -175 vs. Aspen Ladd +150, women’s bantamweights
- Mike Malott -180 vs. Mickey Gall +155, welterweights
- Anthony Hernandez -190 vs. Josh Fremd +160, welterweights
- Aleksei Oleinik def. Jared Vanderaa via first-round submission (neck crank)
- Piera Rodriguez def. Kay Hansen via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Julio Arce def. Daniel Santos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
UFC 273 info
- Date: April 9
- Location: VyStar Memorial Arena — Jacksonville, Florida
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV | Price: $74.99
UFC 273 countdown
- Staff predictions and expert picks
- Brookhouse: Best bets to consider for Saturday night
- Mahjouri: Three biggest fights outside of the main event to watch
- Campbell: Chimaev the biggest storyline ahead of Saturday night
- Mahjouri: Dern says she’s still ‘so scared’ of missing weight
Who wins Volkanovski vs. The Korean Zombie? And what other picks do you need to see? Visit SportsLine now to get detailed top picks on UFC 273, all from the insider who’s up more than $10,000 on MMA picks the past two years, and find out.