The Premier League wraps up its season this Sunday.
- Watford @ Chelsea
- Current Records: Watford 6-26-5; Chelsea 20-6-11
Craving even more coverage of the world’s game? Listen below and follow ¡Qué Golazo! A Daily CBS Soccer Podcast where we take you beyond the pitch and around the globe for commentary, previews, recaps and more.
What to Know
Watford will head off to play at Stamford Bridge to try and steal back a positive result from Chelsea after losing their first round-robin matchup. They will face off against one another at 11 a.m. ET on Sunday. Watford has some work to do to even out the 1-8 series between these two since August of 2016, but a win here would be a good start.
Watford has to be aching after a bruising 5-1 defeat to Leicester City on Sunday. This game was a close 2-1 at the break, but unfortunately for Watford it sure didn’t stay that way.
Meanwhile, Chelsea and Leicester tied 1-1, good for one point each.
After unsatisfying finishes in their previous games, both teams are out for the full three points in this fixture. Allowing an average of 2.03 points per game, Watford hasn’t exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We’ll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- Who: Chelsea vs. Watford
- When: Sunday at 11 a.m. ET
- Where: Stamford Bridge
- Online streaming: Peacock
- Caesars Sportsbook odds: Chelsea -500; Draw +600, Watford +1200
Chelsea have won eight out of their last nine games against Watford.
- Dec 01, 2021 – Chelsea 2 vs. Watford 1
- Jul 04, 2020 – Chelsea 3 vs. Watford 0
- Nov 02, 2019 – Chelsea 2 vs. Watford 1
- May 05, 2019 – Chelsea 3 vs. Watford 0
- Dec 26, 2018 – Chelsea 2 vs. Watford 1
- Feb 05, 2018 – Watford 4 vs. Chelsea 1
- Oct 21, 2017 – Chelsea 4 vs. Watford 2
- May 15, 2017 – Chelsea 4 vs. Watford 3
- Aug 20, 2016 – Chelsea 2 vs. Watford 1