UFC 275 brought fans some incredible moments from across the globe. The fight card gave amazing action from top to bottom with fans walking away from the event wanting more from Kallang, Singapore.
Jiri Prochazka became the UFC light heavyweight champion with a stunning late submission of Glover Teixeira. The two battled back and forth over five rounds before Prochazka locked in the rear-naked choke with 30 seconds left in the fight. He earned the title in just his third fight for the promotion.
Can’t get enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the world of combat sports from two of the best in the business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best analysis and in-depth news, including instant analysis of UFC 275 at the conclusion of the PPV event.
Women’s flyweight queen Valentina Shevchenko gutted out a decision win over a game Talia Santos to retain her title in a fight that was much more competitive than many expected. A clash of heads evened things up when Santos’ eye swelled in the third round.
And Weili Zhang left no doubt this time around when she thunderously stopped Joanna Jedzejczyk in their rematch from 2020. Jedrzjeczyk announced her retirement after the fight was over.
CBS Sports was with you throughout fight week with the latest news, in-depth features and betting advice to consider. Thanks for stopping by and we’ll see you at UFC 276 in Las Vegas.
UFC 275 fight card, results
- Jiri Prochazka def. Glover Teixeira (c) via fifth-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) def. Talia Santos via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 49-46)
- Zhang Weili def. Joanna Jedrzejczyk via second-round TKO (spinning back fist)
- Jake Matthews def. Andre Fiahlo via second-round TKO (punches)
- Jack Della Maddalena def. Ramazan Emeev via first-round TKO (punches)
- Josh Culibao def. Seungwoo Choi via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Hayisaer Maheshate def. Steve Garcia via first-round knockout (punch)
- Brendan Allen def. Jacob Malkoun via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kyung Ho Kang def. Danaa Batgerel via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Silvana Gomez Juarez def. Liang Na via first-round TKO (punches)
- Joselyne Edwards def. Ramona Pascual via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
UFC 275 countdown
- Staff predictions and expert picks for the main card
- Mahjouri: The warrior spirit of Jiri Prochazka
- Brookhouse: Three best bets to consider this weekend
- Mahjouri: Three fights to watch outside of the main event
- Teixeira details incredible journey to reach United States as a teen
- Campbell: Four storylines to watch in Singapore