Troy @ Appalachian State
Current Records: Troy 1-1; Appalachian State 1-1
What to Know
The Appalachian State Mountaineers are 5-1 against the Troy Trojans since October of 2015, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Saturday. The Mountaineers and Troy will face off in a Sun Belt battle at 3:30 p.m. ET at Kidd Brewer Stadium. Appalachian State has the odds in their favor, so they’ll need to guard against complacency.
It was all tied up 7-7 at the half for Appalachian State and the Texas A&M Aggies last week, but Appalachian State stepped up in the second half for a 17-14 win. No one had a standout game offensively for Appalachian State, but they got scores from TE Henry Pearson and RB Ahmani Marshall.
Meanwhile, the Trojans took their contest against the Alabama A&M Bulldogs last week by a conclusive 38-17 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Troy had established a 28-3 advantage.
Their wins lifted both teams to an identical 1-1. We’ll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when the Mountaineers and Troy clash.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Kidd Brewer Stadium — Boone, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $35.00
The Mountaineers are a big 14-point favorite against the Trojans, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mountaineers as a 13-point favorite.
Appalachian State have won five out of their last six games against Troy.
- Nov 20, 2021 – Appalachian State 45 vs. Troy 7
- Nov 28, 2020 – Appalachian State 47 vs. Troy 10
- Nov 29, 2019 – Appalachian State 48 vs. Troy 13
- Nov 24, 2018 – Appalachian State 21 vs. Troy 10
- Nov 12, 2016 – Troy 28 vs. Appalachian State 24
- Oct 31, 2015 – Appalachian State 44 vs. Troy 41