Louisiana @ Louisiana-Monroe
Current Records: Louisiana 2-1; Louisiana-Monroe 1-2
What to Know
The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns are 6-1 against the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks since October of 2015, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Saturday. The Ragin’ Cajuns are on the road again on Saturday and play against Louisiana-Monroe at 8 p.m. ET Sept. 24 at JPS Field at James L. Malone Stadium. Louisiana won’t have the home-field advantage, but they do enjoy a 9-point advantage in the spread.
Louisiana came up short against the Rice Owls last week, falling 33-21. This was hardly the result Louisiana or its fans were betting on, as they were favored by 11.5 points over Rice heading into this game. No one had a standout game offensively for Louisiana, but they got scores from RB Chris Smith, RB Terrence Williams, and CB Caleb Anderson.
Meanwhile, the Warhawks took a serious blow against the Alabama Crimson Tide last week, falling 63-7. Louisiana-Monroe was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 35-7. QB Chandler Rogers had a memorable game, but not in the way you want to be remembered: besides failing to produce a single touchdown, he threw one interception with only 4.57 yards per passing attempt.
The losses put Louisiana at 2-1 and Louisiana-Monroe at a reciprocal 1-2. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: Louisiana enters the matchup having picked the ball off eight times, good for first in the nation. The Warhawks are not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they enter the contest having picked the ball off four times, good for 19th in the nation.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: JPS Field at James L. Malone Stadium — Monroe, Louisiana
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Ragin’ Cajuns are a big 9-point favorite against the Warhawks, according to the latest college football odds.
Louisiana have won six out of their last seven games against Louisiana-Monroe.
- Nov 27, 2021 – Louisiana 21 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 16
- Nov 28, 2020 – Louisiana 70 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 20
- Nov 30, 2019 – Louisiana 31 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 30
- Nov 24, 2018 – Louisiana 31 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 28
- Sep 23, 2017 – Louisiana-Monroe 56 vs. Louisiana 50
- Dec 03, 2016 – Louisiana 30 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 3
- Oct 31, 2015 – Louisiana 30 vs. Louisiana-Monroe 24