Few players have been as frustrating in Fantasy as Kyle Pitts has been this year. And I’m afraid I might be adding to the frustration. Yesterday, I wrote that I didn’t believe it was time to bench Pitts but the projections at the bottom of this article show him outside of the top-12, behind Tyler Higbee, Tyler Conklin, and David Njoku.
The truth is, it’s hard to find a reason to project Pitts any higher. He’s the clear No. 2 option on a low-volume pass offense that isn’t very productive. He’s almost certainly a bust at his Round 3 draft price and there have been far more encouraging signs from Higbee, Njoku, and Conklin. If you actually have one of those guys on your roster with Pitts, then I wouldn’t blame you at all for benching him.
At the same time, I don’t have a lot of weekly faith in Njoku or Conklin yet. And Pitts is still seeing a good target share and air yards share for a tight end. He’s also still remarkably talented. In other words, if you’re just throwing a blind dart at tight end, you might as well do it with the generational talent. At the very least, I don’t really want to waste a waiver move to add someone to bench Pitts.
You can feel justified in continuing to start him or sitting him down. I could even make a buy low argument. The one argument no one should make is to cut Kyle Pitts. That’s not a decision I can endorse.
Here’s everything else you need to know about tight end in Week 5:
Week 5 TE Preview
The following players are not being projected to play Week 5 at this time. Here’s what it means:
Numbers to Know
- 101.1 — Travis Kelce’s receiving yards per game in his last eight matchups versus the Raiders – the most in his career against an opponent with a minimum of two games.
- 3 — Pat Freiermuth has scored double-digit Fantasy points in three of four games this season.
- 30 — Dallas Goedert ran a route on all 30 of Jalen Hurts‘ dropbacks in Week 4.
- 25.5% — Tyler Higbee’s 25.5% target share is second amongst tight ends behind only Mark Andrews.
- 33.4% — Kyle Pitts‘ 33.4% share of the Falcons air yards ranks second behind Andrews. It has to get better at some point. Right?
- 179 — T.J. Hockenson set a Lions tight end record with 179 receiving yards in Week 4.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets
Week 5 Streamers (TE Preview)