Southern Miss Golden Eagles @ Mississippi State Bulldogs
Current Records: Southern Miss 3-7, Mississippi State 4-6
How To Watch
- When: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field — Starkville, Mississippi
- TV: ESPN+
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $12.12
What to Know
The Mississippi State Bulldogs will be playing at home against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles at 12:00 p.m. ET on Saturday at Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field. Mississippi State is limping into the contest on a three-game losing streak.
Mississippi State started off well but failed to capitalize on an early lead against Texas A&M. They took a serious blow against the Aggies on Saturday, falling 51-10.
Southern Miss fell on hard times earlier this season, but after back-to-back victories it seems like their luck might finally be changing. They skirted past Louisiana 34-31.
Frank Gore Jr. was the offensive standout of the contest as he rushed for 158 yards and two touchdowns, and also caught a touchdown. Gore Jr. has been hot recently, having posted 100 or more rushing yards the last three times he’s played.
Southern Miss was down by three with only zero seconds left when they drove 25 yards for the winning score. Gore Jr. punched in the touchdown from 3 yards out.
The opposite results left the teams with opposite records: Texas A&M’s win pushed their record up to 6-4, while Mississippi State’s defeat dropped theirs down to 4-6.
Looking forward, Mississippi State is the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by 18 points. Bettors picking them against the spread have some confidence (to put it mildly), as the team is sitting on a five-game streak of failing to cover when playing at home.
Mississippi State is a big 18-point favorite against Southern Miss, according to the latest college football odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Bulldogs as a 13.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 48 points.
Mississippi State has won both of the games they’ve played against Southern Miss in the last 8 years.
- Sep 07, 2019 – Mississippi State 38 vs. Southern Miss 15
- Sep 05, 2015 – Mississippi State 34 vs. Southern Miss 16
Injury Report for Mississippi State
- Geor’quarius Spivey: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Will Rogers: probable (Arm)
- Jo’Quavious Marks: questionable (Undisclosed)
- Seydou Traore: out (Transfer Portal)
- Ja’Kobi Albert: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Kalvin Dinkins: out (Undisclosed)
- Trevion Williams: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Southern Miss
- Armondous Cooley: Out for the Season (Achilles)
- Billy Wiles: questionable (Hand)
- Elijah Sabbatini: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Zach Wilcke: out (Personal)