Detroit Pistons @ Toronto Raptors
Current Records: Detroit 2-11, Toronto 5-7
How To Watch
- When: Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena — Toronto, Ontario
- TV: Bally Sports – Detroit
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $37.89
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons will head out on the road to face off against the Toronto Raptors at 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday at Scotiabank Arena. The Pistons have now lost ten straight, and the team is hunting for their first win since October 28.
The Pistons traveled a rocky road last season, and unfortunately for them the road hasn’t gotten any smoother. They fell 108-100 to Cleveland on Friday. The Pistons have not had much luck with the Cavaliers recently, as the team’s come up short the last five times they’ve met.
Even though they lost, the Pistons were smashing the offensive glass and finished the game with 18 offensive rebounds (they’re ranked fourth in offensive rebounds per game overall). They easily outclassed their opponents in that department as the Cavaliers only pulled down seven.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought match, but Toronto had to settle for a 108-105 loss against Boston on Friday. The Raptors have now taken an ‘L’ in back-to-back games.
The losses dropped Detroit to 2-11 and Toronto to 5-7.
While the pair both let their fans down in their last outings, both still covered. Going forward, the Raptors are the favorite in this one, as the experts expect to see them win by 8.5 points. This contest will be Detroit’s ninth straight as the underdogs (so far over this stretch they are 3-5 against the spread).
This contest is one where the number of possessions is likely to be a big factor: The Pistons have been smashing the glass this season, having averaged 46.5 rebounds per game. However, it’s not like the Raptors struggle in that department as they’ve been averaging 46.4 per game. Given these competing strengths, it’ll be interesting to see how their clash plays out. Check CBS Sports after the action for a full breakdown of the game and more NBA content.
Toronto is a big 8.5-point favorite against Detroit, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Raptors as a 5.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 220 points.
Detroit has won 6 out of their last 10 games against Toronto.
- Mar 24, 2023 – Toronto 118 vs. Detroit 97
- Feb 25, 2023 – Toronto 95 vs. Detroit 91
- Feb 12, 2023 – Toronto 119 vs. Detroit 118
- Nov 14, 2022 – Toronto 115 vs. Detroit 111
- Mar 03, 2022 – Detroit 108 vs. Toronto 106
- Jan 14, 2022 – Detroit 103 vs. Toronto 87
- Nov 13, 2021 – Detroit 127 vs. Toronto 121
- Mar 29, 2021 – Detroit 118 vs. Toronto 104
- Mar 17, 2021 – Detroit 116 vs. Toronto 112
- Mar 03, 2021 – Detroit 129 vs. Toronto 105